rear handle/sissy ar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
rear handle/sissy bar

anyone sell a handle to go in place of the sissy bar on my 05? i want to take it off but it would look unfinished. im thinking someone has to make a handle that bolts in place to clean up the looks some....

Re: rear handle/sissy bar

You can get a virago grab bar to go in place of the high riser but they are chromed and not spun finish. Also, there is the stock grab bar which replaces the whole thing.

Sean

where would someone find the virago grab bar? and how much would i be looking to spend? id like to keep the sissy bar bracket because the wife wont ride without it on... but she only rides about twice a year...

There have been a few articles written on a quick change setup. Actually, if you bought an extra rear fender, stock grabrail and reflector, taillight assy, and a pair of turn-lights then do a bit of wiring to make a quick connect plug (with all the connections in one plug) then you could swap it all in about 10 minutes. Pull the 4 bolts out, unplug the connnector, swap the fender assy and plate put the other on and you're done.

Ebay for most of the stuff and you can get it cheap. You can also get a different backrest that HAC sells which bolts on to the stock grab-rail (which has to be modified). Then pull the 4 bolts and you're ready again.

Sean

Back