rear swingarm question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm doing research on what kind of max would suit me and my bf. We're kinda into the fighter'd VMAXes.

So I've got a few questions:

1. Has anyone tried raising the VMAX's rear higher than stock? How did that work for them?

2. Is getting a raked frame a good idea as well?

3. If you raise the rear, won't that bend the shaft drive or something?

4. Also, can an 18 inch rim-200mm tire-raised rear combo work?

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm doing research on what kind of max would suit me and my bf. We're kinda into the fighter'd VMAXes.

So I've got a few questions:

1. Has anyone tried raising the VMAX's rear higher than stock? How did that work for them?
I'd think you want to raise the tail by moving the frame tail, I wouldn't mess with the geomtery too much.

2. Is getting a raked frame a good idea as well?

Expensive, big time, and questionable handling results without the proper triple trees to get rake back where it needs to be

3. If you raise the rear, won't that bend the shaft drive or something?

See # 1

4. Also, can an 18 inch rim-200mm tire-raised rear combo work?

18' works fine even without raising the rear, you'll need to notch the swingarm to fit a 200mm tire (which is what I did, and if you notch it might as well brace it too) I think a 180 is as big as you'll fit on the stock swingarm....

Thanks in advance guys.

Good luck with it!

I've got longer (and adjustable length) shocks to raise the rear and put more weight on the front for quicker steering. People have de-raked the frame but it is expensive to do. 200 tire will not fit a stock S/A.

You can raise the rear with the shocks to some extent and the ujoint will allow for that. I would maybe not go more then 2". You could use a set of adapted ZRX shocks which are about 1.25" longer then stock and piggy backs.

Sean

Latest posts

Back