Recognize these pipes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Mike. I just looked at the bench test and other videos of the bike it came off of and it looks like the bike went down on the right side and whatever can was on there got yanked off, which also seems to have mangled the end that the can would go on.

It is a Kerker. On the 5th pic down you can see where the pipe has been shaved off or smashed on the end. Looks like the bike was crazy lean on the back cylinders, I've never seen Kerkers get that discolored. That end pipe is separate from the rest of the exhaust, so you could replace it if you could find one.

I have a Kerker header and my back head pipes look about the same as those - even the front ones are slightly dicoloured - now they also have over 80000 miles on them.

Mike

Its a kerker 4-2-1 and Supertrapp sells all the pipes for it. Just call them and they sell, prices are high though.

If you can get this header for under 200 It would be a good deal. You could always have it jetcoated. and ceramic coated on the inside.

Thanks to all for the info. I'll see what it would cost me to replace that bent up end pipe and add a new can--if the numbers add up, I'll see if I can grab the headers for less than 200...

the rear pipe is stupid expensive as well as the muffler. I usually buy the pipes like this and make custom ends. I'll leave this one for you guys. You can straighten out that mid pipe pretty easily anyway.

What I would do:
Get the header (I recieved a call a few days ago from jet hot offering me an additional 10% off my dealer price to get them coated so if you are interested in that you can contact me).
Straighten up the mid pipe (muffler shop can do that pretty easily with a tail pipe expander if you can't do it yourself).
Get a slip-on type muffler off of ebay for about any kind of sportbike. Make whatever adapter you need to for the flange difference. Many times the flange is very similar to header flanges for cars (which they have at the muffler shops too).

Then coat the whole thing. The problem you have is the header was originally chromed so there is additional costs to strip them. You can't coat over chrome if you want it to stick.

I have had mine so hot they were glowing cherry red which dulled the chrome.

Sean Morley

by the way, I am a dealer for Kerker too and can get the spare parts for you if you really do want to replace them.
Sean

Thanks for the great info Sean. If I decide to get the headers I will definitely go through you (instead of Supertrapp) to get the missing pieces.
The pipes are still well under 200 with only 7 hours to go, so I'll be keeping an eye on that auction.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Vin

Back