Red Oily substance in my Airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexus

Reaction score
This is surely a newbie question but that's okay cause I'm a newbie:biglaugh: Anyway, I for the first time opened up the airbox on a my newly purchased 97 Max and I found that the filter was splashed with a red oily liquid and a puddle of the stuff had formed in the corner of the airbox. :confused2: Thoughts...

Okay, I guess I should have mentioned that there is a K&N filter in there...could that be filter oil?

Yup, that's the K&N oil, which is colored red. Just did my new one.
Oh ... welcome to the forum; damn glad you're here :punk:

Sounds like it was oiled a little too much. Easy to do. I did it once on another bike long ago and it ran like crap till the excess oil drained out.

Ditto to all the above. It was over oiled. I do it all the time. I have K&N Filters on all my Bikes and Trucks...

Thanks guys for answering what I am sure some people just smiled and shook their heads at. I'll just clean up the excess oil and move on. Much appreciated.

Thanks guys for answering what I am sure some people just smiled and shook their heads at. I'll just clean up the excess oil and move on. Much appreciated.

Keep asking questions , it's O.K. Not everybody speaks up when they have a problem . You may have unknowingly helped someone else with your question. Welcome to the forum. You ride a VMax , you're unusual and special . :punk:

Back