Rejetting for supertrapp with 18 discs each side???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forticus

Reaction score
I just got back from the Yamaha dealer... looks like Cali is cracking down on rejetting. I need to know what mains to use with supertrapp slipons with 18 disks each side. I haven't a clue how to do this. It ticks me off I made an apointment and bought the discs I needed and went all the way down there for them to tell me I'm screwed... :bang head: So now it's do it myself or let the max sit in the garage until I move to another state... fun times...

If you just have slip ons you probably still have stock jetting. I assume that your saying you think it runs rich and you need smaller jets?

Also 18 discs on each side is not necessary. 8 discs is what I had on mine any more and it didn't sound much different at all. I ran it with no caps and no discs though. It had a little more bark that way. I believe I needed smaller jets to acomplish better power with mine.

Todd

i gotta imagine at a certain point its just like running them open. 18 might be getting to that point.

Back