Removing an Arai face shield....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earlier this morning, I was preparing to ride to Lexington to get a RH front caliper for my Suzuki XL-7; but before leaving I decided to remove and clean the face shield on my helmet, an Arai Signet. Sitting on the floor with the helmet in front of me and the rear of the helmet facing me, I pull the shield straight up and towards me...and the shield just refused to budge, so I then use a little more force, and then.....a resounding crack, instead of the usual snap. I pull the shield off and little pieces of white plastic start to cascade from behind the side covers after I pulled the covers off!!! So I'm like "Yaaaaarrrrgggh!!!!" Needless to say I was disgusted and decided not to ride and just drive my car instead.

Anyway, this evening I was just wondering if I was going to have to use the cheapo helmet I have in my garage for my ride to work tomorrow morning. Then it dawned on me, I have my 19 year old Arai Quantum which I retired a while back. I pull off the side covers and voila, the plastic hardware on both sides are still intact. Best of all they fit my Signet and they make installing my face shield SO much easier to pop off and on!!! :clapping:

That was LUCKY!!!

Yes, it was. My wife thinks I horde things and that I should have tossed that old helmet a long time ago, but I have put some serious miles on that lid and it never failed me. Of course I had never gone down with it...and hopefully my Signet will live through old age as well....

Back