Removing kerker muffler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
Unscrewed everything but can't get the muffler off. It should just slide off shouldn't it? Any tips?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332806631965.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332806631965.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 39
Also trying to remove the rear passenger foot peg and the screws are stripped out. Not winning tonight

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332807690713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332807690713.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 27
A oil filter wrench, should help you loosen it. if its the metal version, just put something on the pipe to protect it.
But if you start torquing on it, put some blocks or a small jack under the pipes so that you don't separate the junction from the rear down tubes.

I just grab it and start pulling back while giggling up down left right round and round. And a little penetrant. Takes a little time put always works with no damage.

Thanks guys. Got everything apart but the muffler. I think the monkey has been satisfied for the night

NOTE - there should be a screw through the muffler and midpipe that is covered up by the clamp. Make sure its out before you try pulling the muffler off.

Sean

NOTE - there should be a screw through the muffler and midpipe that is covered up by the clamp. Make sure its out before you try pulling the muffler off.

Sean

That was my first thought also................'cause it happened to me too.

Yeah, hadn't noticed that screw before. Took it out and still can't remove the muffler but didn't have time to tinker with it much.

I guess I should ask before I out too much work into it but is that muffler powdercoatable? I don't see why it wouldn't be but figured I'd ask

my dale walkers are powdercoated. no issues. just make sure they clean 'em good. i didn't even take them apart..

Header probably gets hotter than the can right? Here is a Kerker 4-2-1 collector I coated. Just ask your Coater for "high temp" rated powder.
c6e4eb78-85fd-f93d.jpg
c6e4eb78-8636-0aad.jpg
c6e4eb78-8651-8b9f.jpg

Last pic is a Kerker baffle done early on. No peeling or melted coat but tell coater to be careful taping off area that is slip fit into can. Its already tight from Kerker.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Latest posts

Back