Removing Stock Exhaust - Help!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whips07Max

Reaction score
I started to remove my stock exhaust but need help. I first removed the (2) bolts that hold the muifflers on and loosened up the (4) clamps, but the mufflers didn't want to come off. Any ideas? I don't have a service manual, so if somebody would be so kind to post step by step instructions for the easiest way to remove this exhaust sytem without dinging it all up I would be most grateful. I want to get my new dragstar system on, am anxious to hear some noise. Thanks

Whip

Underneath the gas tank, in front of the swing arm, there is one more bolt, it's right in the centerline of the bike, you have to lay on the floor and look up under there to find it.

It's very easy to miss.

Get that bolt out and you should be golden..

Rusty

I got it off, your right that bolt was holding me up, it's real easy to miss. Thanks. BTW, I fired it up with open headers, whoa!!!!!! That thing sounds mean. When I get home from work tonight I'll put the new system on. I'm gonna sell the stock sytem, I could never imagine wanting to put it back on, besides it's heavy and takes up space in my garage. Any takers? Only 119 miles on it? Make me an offer......I know, this isn't the right forum for this.........:biglaugh:

Have you decide to sell your exhaust yet? I would be interested in it if you are and will be in your town next month. Let me know.

Back