Ricor update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Finally got to run a test with the intiminaters installed with stock springs and 9 lbs of air and I'm impressed with the feel of the road. Firm but flowing. Then the stack of the shock with moderate to hard braking is impressive too. I'd have to say that what they claim is true, glad I bought them.

Finally got to run a test with the intiminaters installed with stock springs and 9 lbs of air and I'm impressed with the feel of the road. Firm but flowing. Then the stack of the shock with moderate to hard braking is impressive too. I'd have to say that what they claim is true, glad I bought them.

Like the gas tank? Huh? :icon_rolleyes:

Hey today we went riding on the slow back roads of sunny Florida and other than maybe two or three lil' right wrist spasms, rode mostly between 35 and 65 mph.

I got home with 117 miles on the trip counter and still no red light! Granny riding's most definitely good for your mpg :biglaugh:

You need more spasms.:biglaugh:
It is a comfort knowing you can ride into the sunset and not have to worry about fill-ups, at least for a good long while.

This is a newb fork question:

How do you add the air - and it is required to add? I have some ricors and hopefully will be attempting an install with vmaxrider this weekend if he's still game.

Question to vmaxcruzer & evenhanded:

I too have added the Ricor intiminaters w/ stock springs & 9 lbs of air; ride is MUCH better than stock. But, I 've kept the forks raised 1 " in the upper tripletree and wonder if you have done the same ? or reverted back to the stock condition of being level ?

Ghost - I use a little plastic bicycle pump with a digital air guage that reads in 1 psi incrments. Eight pumps gets me to about 14 psi and then I bleed it slowly with the air guage to get to my final 9 - 10 psi. Some say the air isn't needed, but I say it's there - why not use it ! IMO I think it helps fine tune the front forks - which need all the help they can get !

When I ran just progressive springs no air was needed like G said, but the stock springs need some help IMO. I run about 12 lbs with ricors now and like it.

As for the lowering or "raising" the fork in the tree it won't effect the internal spring or air amount. It only changes the ride height, but there is a limit of course when it starts to change the geometry of the bike but an inch is OK. I lowered mine internally so I have my forks at the top like the book shows.

[
This is a newb fork question:

How do you add the air .

There's a shrader valve under the chrome cap on the top of the fork tubes, Put the bike on the center stand and use a bike pump to add I think the book reads no more than 14lbs. An air compressor will put too much too fast, you'll be pulling your hair out that way. Its obviously important to get them even.

Latest posts

Back