Right Price??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mu1166

Reaction score
I finally found a decent looking V Max located close by. It is an 86, 25,xxx miles, all stock bike. They are asking $3650 for it. What do I need to look for on this bike? Are there any emminent problems on this year?

Any insight, information would be greatly appreciated.

Just the usual.
Second gear, charging problems, starting problems, old rubber...
It's old enough to get in a bar! Just remember what you've been through in the last 21 years and keep that in mind.
I'm not telling you to pass on it, I love mine! I'm just saying look it over, or ride it to a mechanic that you trust. It's an old bike, and should be looked over really well before you commit.
good luck!

I'm difenently going to look it over well. They say that there has been no 2nd gear problems with it. They have done all the service for the last 7 years or so.

I just sold my 2004, Z1000 and have been looking for a Max for some time.

The 86 Yamaha Maxim X is still running like a champ. But I only have 12k miles on it.

Is that price to high for a bike that is 21 years old? The blue book value is 2750. Some of that being that I am located in North Central Iowa.

I'm difenently going to look it over well. They say that there has been no 2nd gear problems with it. They have done all the service for the last 7 years or so.

I just sold my 2004, Z1000 and have been looking for a Max for some time.

The 86 Yamaha Maxim X is still running like a champ. But I only have 12k miles on it.

Is that price to high for a bike that is 21 years old? The blue book value is 2750. Some of that being that I am located in North Central Iowa.

Depends on what's been done to it really... Is it bone stock and they want that??

Seems a bit high as my buddy bought a '94 in Chi town for 5,000 and it had quite a bit on it when he bought it. Plus it had all the newer components. :thumbs up:

I finally found a decent looking V Max located close by. It is an 86, 25,xxx miles, all stock bike. They are asking $3650 for it. What do I need to look for on this bike? Are there any emminent problems on this year?

Any insight, information would be greatly appreciated.

I gave $5200 for a 99 in 2005 just as a point a refernence. The Max doesn't seem to depreciate much below $3000 so I would try to get the newest on you can find.

I had to travel 300 miles to get mine and I live in the Houston area...

Later,

Rusty

The bike is completely bone stock except for the small cowl windshield.

I just shelled out $2800 for my '86, very strong mechanically, just needs cosmetic work. It came with a motor that needs rebuilt as well. IMHO I think they are asking too much
Cheers:cheers:
Fargo

It seems a bit high, but you don't see many around my area, and they never seem to sell for close to 3k. I'll have to see what they say tomorrow...

Evidenlty the people on ebay differ from my opinion since I stopped there and they woudn't sell it below 3450, i offered 2800 then 3k. The bidders have it up to 3550. Guess i'll keep looking.

Keep your head up. I had to have mine shipped from NY to Des Moines, Iowa. I had a little more than what I wanted in the bike, but there is no way I could put what's in this bike on a stock one for even double what I paid. They're out there, and don't fear shipping a bike either. I used www.motorcycleshipping.biz for mine.

Latest posts

Back