roto-plate for license plate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud7680

Reaction score
HEY FLORIDA--- Beat the system!

Roto-Plate License Plate Mounting
Now available!! Roto-Plate Jr. Click Here for Details
Roto-Plate%20Image%20for%20Distributors%20Rev2.JPG

By Top Down Products
The only ?All-in-One? Mount that?s horizontal, vertical and everywhere in-between.
Now you don?t have to sacrifice a ?Custom? look just to avoid hassles of Vertical mounts.
Roto-Plate allows you to ?Play by the Rules?, if and when you want to... or need to!
dscn3145.jpg
dscn3146.jpg

nifty gadget...but is it mechanized? otherwise, i don't see the purpose. if i had the plate in the vertical position and the cop pulls me over, i don't think (s)he'd be understanding or even have a sense of humor when i reach down to rotate it. NOW if it rotated electromechanically...then THAT would be wicked. while the cop's writing me a ticket, i flip the switch and say, "wutcha talkin 'bout occifer?"
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

don't get me wrong. THAT'S EFFIN SICK!! :punk: the vid sells it better to me. but it'd be even sicker with a little servo motor. that shouldn't be TOO hard. :eusa_dance:

At what price...... $280 was the highest price. Don't get me wrong but when I put my tag holder on I am not going to move it. Let alone put it in some position that the cops are always going to screw with me. I don't have time to screw with the police.

G

Cops in NY LOVE to write tickets for the sideways license plates. It's their "biggest seller" at the checkpoints they setup around Americade(along with the novelty helmets). Just seems like a way to draw un-necessary attention to yourself. Somehow I doubt the cop will find it amusing that you can easily swap it back to a "legal" position if you want.

Even with the plate in the stock location I highly doubt Johnny Law can read it as it whizzes by him at 140. No worse off when you're speeding, and you won't get some BS ticket puttering around town

I had a cop pull me over for my wife's car, he said "one headlight is out."

I have HID ballasts & bulbs in it and occasionally, when you turn-on the headlights, one ignitor will fail to activate the bulb. That apparently happened, it was dusk, and I turned-on the lights when I began driving, it wasn't dark enough to see that one was out.

The cop was on the passenger side telling me about all the things I would be getting from him. I asked him, "officer, did you say my headlight was out?" I had turned-off the lights and turned them back on while he was running my plate, d/l/, & insurance. That always allows the 'lazy' ballast to function. It did this time too. "If you look at my lights, I think you will see they are both on," I said. Sure-enough, he went to the front and did a double-take.

I got my papers back and went on my way, leaving one puzzled cop by the side of the road. I was 8 blocks from my house. My d/l? Up-to-date. "Good-bye, have a nice day, officer!"

Back