Saddle bags needed for my 2003 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitechman94

Reaction score
Helllo everyone,

I am a bit new to the Vmax bikes as I have purchased a 2003 Vmax. I found it with only 1500 miles owned by a blackhawk choper pilot who had spent alot of time in Iraq since purchasing it new. I wanted to get a set of saddle bags. Can anyone provide some guidance regarding the support brackets that are available that fit the Vmax.

Also, if anyone has any advice on bags that fit the Vmax well.

Thanks

I have 2 sets of saddlebags - I think there both Willie & Max. There are the vinyl type - a set of small ones and a large set.

Do you have a Corbin seat? If so, and if interested I can explain how to mount (bolt on) them to the bike.

Also, for saddlebag supports, you can use the ones made for a Virago - XV750 or 1000.

Mike

Attachments

• 144b_1.jpg
    144b_1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 46
I relocated the turn signals to the license plate bracket to free up space for saddlebags. This frees up enough space to mount whatever bags you want. I also made
brackets and mounted them to the original turn signal mount holes to push the bags out from the rear fender. I have a set of Chase Harper Cruiser Bags if you are interested.

Here is the setup I have on my Max. Pictures of the bags, the brackets I made to keep the bags from hitting the rear fender and the brackets I made for the license plate mounted turn signals.

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

Back