Saver Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadV-Max

Reaction score
I have been doing alot of reading on a UK site and they talk about a saver kit. Or engine saver kit/bracket. Has anyone did this to there bikes. Were can I get one of these brackets in the USA. :biglaugh: I would love to get some local feedback. Also were are some places to get alot of the aftermarket parts like they have over in the UK. There is alot I would like to do to my bike and they have alot of nice stuff over there for v-max's . Looking forward to your input and knowledge. Thanks Shawn/MadV-Max:ummm:

I don't know about over there. I do know the OEM case savers work very well for what they were intended but do still create small dings in the lower frame rail if they are bent all the way over. Nothing that causes any issues with the frame but dinged none the less.

Sean

http://boxenstoppdaytona.com/ Boxenstopp can get you the engine saver bracket you are looking for. Or, as gunruner said, you can buy straight from the UK.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/vmaxpag2.html Cycle One Off has a different version on this page. Scroll towards the bottom.

Sean Morley has a HD oiling kit that includes a different type of sealing ring to replace the orange o-ring, gaskets, and some hardware for boosting oil pressure and volume. Click on the Morley Muscle banner at the top of the page.

are they talking about engine saver or o-ring saver? completely different.

lots of engine guards on ebay usually, or u can talk to sean.. otherwise COO or sean can hook u up with an oil ring saver kit

I have the Cycle One Off's and they're great! Tom is a pleasure to deal with. Just make sure you call him. He's a bit slow at answering emails.

Chris

are they talking about engine saver or o-ring saver? completely different.

lots of engine guards on ebay usually, or u can talk to sean.. otherwise COO or sean can hook u up with an oil ring saver kit

Pretty sure this guy is talking about the "engine saver bracket" that is talked about on the vmaxchat site in the UK. It goes in the oil pan and holds the oil feed tube in place preventing the o-ring buldge. It bolts onto one of the main bearing caps.

Maybe he can clarify his question to be sure?

Horrible picture form boxenstopp's site attached.

Attachments

• boxenstopp o ring kit.bmp
    44.7 KB · Views: 78
Pretty sure this guy is talking about the "engine saver bracket" that is talked about on the vmaxchat site in the UK. It goes in the oil pan and holds the oil feed tube in place preventing the o-ring buldge. It bolts onto one of the main bearing caps.

Maybe he can clarify his question to be sure?

Horrible picture form boxenstopp's site attached.

i follow.

i think its a lot easier, esp on a newer vmax, just to monitor the pressure.

but he does have an '85. might be worth a piece of mind.

Yea, that's the worst part about building these engines in my opinion. The gaskets do stick! Know that I understand what he wants we have the HD oiling system that can actually be used in conjunction with Tom's pop stopper kit (though we haven't needed his kit.). We increase the oil pressure and flow as well as provide a HD oring that doesn't blow out. The other kits only retain the stock pressure and try to keep the o-ring in place.

Sean

I stand by my COO comment as I have his popper stopper kit on my '06 even though they supposedly remedied the issue by then.

Chris

Yes I am talking about the oil pickup tube o-ring. The way they talk about it there is alot of problems with it. has no one seen, or ran across this problem. Sorry i didn't clearify in my forst write. Madv-max

Yes I am talking about the oil pickup tube o-ring. The way they talk about it there is alot of problems with it. has no one seen, or ran across this problem. Sorry i didn't clearify in my forst write. Madv-max

Sean Morley has a fix for it as well as others. The later model bikes actually resolved the problem.

It's talked about here for sure but it's NOT as huge of a problem as the internet makes it out to be.

Chris

pressure gauge is cheap insurance, plus that way you know for sure when the bike is warmed up properly.

My website shows pics of the problem in the engine section. We do sell the HD kit as noted for $100.

Sean

is HD short for harley Davidson or heavy duty? always wondered if it was a Harley O ring or something.

LOL, Kawi Oring, Custom Oil Pump Spacer, Replacement Drive Gear, a Few washers (one for the gear and one for the pump), and a couple of gaskets (Oil Pan and Clutch Cover). So it would be a good time to do the DD upgrade too which I have a few springs and fibers on hand to do that.

Of course, why not go ahead and upgrade the shift segment if it's a 98 or older.

Sean

Hey Sean what are you talking about on the shift segment. I am not fimiliar with that. I would appreciate if you would explain that . While im in there i want to do all I can and do it right. Thanks Shawn
MadV-Max

Back