Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOTHEMAX

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the factory seat is worth, say selling it on ebay? Also has anyone bought the corbin seat for their max? Or give me a recommendation on a seat? THANKS

I dont know what Morley charges for his seat. I had my seat done here at a local shop with a 4 day turn around. They chopped it and relined all 3 pieces for 125.00 I know I wouldnt pay no more than 150.00 for a seat. These guys can do em in less than 3 hours and what do materials cost ?
The quality is awesome to the staples being aligned perfect (self pride in work)
I can ride all day and my ass isnt sore, just my knees but I am 6'7
The seat still oooks as it did leaving the shop 3 yrs ago.
Check with your local upolestry shops most can do it no problem. I had mine flattened out and had new material.

Call and ask for Barry
B&G INC.
615) 254-5055
82 Polk Ave
Nashville, TN

Last edited:
I dont know what Morley charges for his seat. I had my seat done here at a local shop with a 4 day turn around. They chopped it and relined all 3 pieces for 125.00 I know I wouldnt pay no more than 150.00 for a seat. These guys can do em in less than 3 hours and what do materials cost ?
The quality is awesome to the staples being aligned perfect (self pride in work)
I can ride all day and my ass isnt sore, just my knees but I am 6'7
The seat still oooks as it did leaving the shop 3 yrs ago.
Check with your local upolestry shops most can do it no problem. I had mine flattened out and had new material.

Call and ask for Barry
B&G INC.
615) 254-5055
82 Polk Ave
Nashville, TN

Yeah around here nobody wanted to touch them. They say they have to many people come back pissed that they didn't do it right blah blah blah...

I know what I paid for Sean's FULL seat setup and it was more than 150 but it wasn't that bad and I gave my money to a good guy that supports this forum and the Vmax community in a positive way.

I'm happy!:banana:

I am considering getting my front section redone. I have one of the Rocky Mountain SportMax deep-V fronts. I had it done in 1998 and the foam is getting pretty thin. Luckily I have enough ass-padding of my own that I can endure through this season.

Sean Morley is working on my seat as we speak. I heard he makes a great seat and he is a forum supporter so that't why I went with him. I would use our local upholstery shop, Frenchies, only for repairs and to not have to ship it out. Down time during riding season would suxor big time as I only have like 5 - 5.5 months to ride.
IMHO, with a small community like ours, it behooves us to stick together if at all possible.

Last edited:
Yea, red. we are almost done with it too. Rear and Flip are done. Front is almost there. It's been a lot more difficult doing it the way you want since none of our patterns fit and we have to do everything from scratch again.

Shouldn't be long and you'll have a seat to be proud of.

Sean Morley

I did a my own seat mod last winter. It's posted here somewhere with pics. It cost me around 20 bucks and that says it all. It's not bad, better than it was but not as good as if I was to have it done by somebody who really knows what there doing. I can't all day but close. I didn't have the money then and still don't - so my ass has to pay the price, untill I do. But when I do I'll get Sean to do it.

In terms of ease I would think a seat job is very easy for an upholster.

The hard part is the very "subjective" matter of exactly where and how much to cut, and if it ain't right you won't be happy. That's why I was more than willing to find someone that's done the Vmax seats before. I didn't want it to be the "first time" for some one on my seat.

Rusty

"IMHO, with a small community like ours, it behooves us to stick together if at all possible.[/quote]"

I fully agree with helping one out that supports the group. Unfortuntely not all of have deep pockets and have other expenses and need to save where we can to keep our GF/Wives happy.
This is why I brought up my expierence when I had my seat done a few yrs ago. I dont know how much Sean charges for his seats. (Hope not more than 200)
I figured 150.00 was a great price compared to other options. The quality of work that the vendor performed on my seat was more than my expectations.

As I try to help out folks here saving a few dollars such as my stage 7 puke system I built for a fraction of the cost what Dynojet charges.
Sorry if I offended anyone or seem like a pain in the (where your seat goes) :th_stophierPeeingIn

man im just happy i like every thing about the bike even the seat..between fork springs,, shocks...carb kits...pipes..braces,,swing arms ect lol....i remember those good old days....glad they passed..not a knock i understand completely

man im just happy i like every thing about the bike even the seat..between fork springs,, shocks...carb kits...pipes..braces,,swing arms ect lol....i remember those good old days....glad they passed..not a knock i understand completely

I don't think it's an age thing as much as finding a bike that works for you. I know a lot of people that are happy as hell with their stock bikes.

The seat however for me is just plain painful! I couldn't do more than 40 miles before the "burn" started. Others here I know have no issue with it as well...:confused2:

Chris

"IMHO, with a small community like ours, it behooves us to stick together if at all possible.
"

I fully agree with helping one out that supports the group. Unfortuntely not all of have deep pockets and have other expenses and need to save where we can to keep our GF/Wives happy.
This is why I brought up my expierence when I had my seat done a few yrs ago. I dont know how much Sean charges for his seats. (Hope not more than 200)
I figured 150.00 was a great price compared to other options. The quality of work that the vendor performed on my seat was more than my expectations.

As I try to help out folks here saving a few dollars such as my stage 7 puke system I built for a fraction of the cost what Dynojet charges.
Sorry if I offended anyone or seem like a pain in the (where your seat goes) :th_stophierPeeingIn[/quote]
Not a pain in my seat covering area, lol! I think that it's great that each of us can offer their experiances and expertise in the different areas that this forum covers. Little bit of life and a lot of love for the Vmax!

"IMHO, with a small community like ours, it behooves us to stick together if at all possible.
"

Sorry if I offended anyone or seem like a pain in the (where your seat goes) :th_stophierPeeingIn[/quote]

I completely agree with you. Happy wife happy life!

I just don't like F'ing with it if someone else has already been there and done it!:thumbs up:

Back