seats for children

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bocephus

Reaction score
I have one one problem with my newly bought v-max. Its my 6 year old. Have any of you seen a childs seat maybe something on the back that i can strap her into. I've looked at the trikes , sidecars ,This is really going to put a kink in my motorcycle plans this summer. She's used to going everywhere with me.

I have one one problem with my newly bought v-max. Its my 6 year old. Have any of you seen a childs seat maybe something on the back that i can strap her into. I've looked at the trikes , sidecars ,This is really going to put a kink in my motorcycle plans this summer. She's used to going everywhere with me.

While I don't think kids belong on a bike I would say look into a sissy bar... Are her legs to short to hit the pegs?:ummm: Maybe setup the sissy bar so it holds her closer to you.:confused2:

I have seen people with little ones on the back with no sissy bar:surprise:.If the really have to go on the bike,I would have them in the front so they can't fly off.

There is a harness that attaches to you and then to the child that is made for motorcycle riders. I believe it has a neck support for the child too so their head doesn't fly off under heavy acceleration.:biglaugh: I'll try and find the URL, as you can buy it online.
Found it! http://www.childridingbelt.com/engprod.htm

Attachments

• instuction_childen_3.jpg
    instuction_childen_3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 12
  • instuction_childen_2.jpg
    instuction_childen_2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 20
I have 2 kids and the rule that I had is if they can't reach the pegs flat footed, they can't come for a ride. And you definitely need a sissy bar.

It's better safe than sorry!

Mike

Kids don't belong on a bike. In fact neither do some adults.

That may be. I do have a pair of pass peg "risers" which raises the peg position about 6" or so. Fairly easy to make if you want.

sit her in front of you. i'm a single father and when my son was younger i would ride with him in front of me. your legs will hold hers to the bike and it will not interfere with shifting or braking. only problem is, if she's tall, she'll have to duck down a little so her helmet isnt under your neck. try it out on the center stand and you'll be surprised at how much safer it seems than putting her on the back.

odieoh24

Put her on back without a sissy bar and tell her to hang on. It will teach her survival skills:biglaugh:

Seriously I don't like having ANYONE on the back of my bike; just am not comfortable with taking another persons life into my hands. I don't care if I kill myself but I don't want to take someone else with me when I do it.

I have ridden my neice around the nieghborhood a few times on mine tho' and made sure I had my sissy bar in place and made her keep her hands in the pockets of my jacket and hold on tight while doing it.

:ummm: thares a reason bikes dont have seat belts. if you put her in some kinda kid seat thats what your doing . my 1 year old puppy is heavyer than my 6 year old girl . id be afraid to put her behind me even with a sissy bar so i put her in front and let her hold the bars . and with all that being sed ill still only take her for slow rides around the block. it makes me want to take a nap but she has a blast and cops think its funny . one even told HER to slow down . :rofl_200:

Hi!

I have a child seat on my Vmax. It?s a removable one and specially made for bikes, quads, etc.
My oldest son, 4 years now, rides a lot with me.
The kid sits very safe on this seat, can not fell to any side and there?s also no belt.
Te seat even fits on aftermarket tail pieces with no problem, mine is a BRM Race.
Don?t know whether it is available in the US, but visit www.stamatakis.de. The page is also available in english.
Does a kid belong on a bike...? That?s a question which can to be answered by the father only.
For me... yes, and I (we) enjoy it.

Cheers,

Jochen

Back