selling on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.maxx

Reaction score
anyone ever sell a bike on ebay??

what did it ened up costing ya ? ebay fee"S

thanks

I dont think ebay gets anything since they are charging you a listing fee, but i do know if you use paypal they take a nice chunk. JIM

NO, eBay does now charge fees on vehicle sales, as a percentage of the final auction amount. This is on top of the listing fees, which vary depending on the kind of auction, buy it now, reserve etc.

As an example, when I sold a Honda 200 for just under $1500, the eBay fees were just over $100.

Just go to the eBay website and read up on selling, it explains everything clearly.

You pay listing fees, and a percent of the final sale. Check out Ebays home page. I would try CL first it's free, I just sold 2 bikes on CL in the past month.

Ya. CL is always best, first because it's free, but also because it's local so people can actually come and see the bike and buy it there and then.

Only thing is - a LOT of scammers on CL. So be safe, often it's better to show a bike somewhere else than your own home, just in case it's just thieves scoping you out. Gas stations and mall car parks are great places. And don't ever let anyone ride of unless you're holding payment in FULL and in cash. Checks are worth nothing.

And the worse thing - you'll get tons of arseholes making appointments and not turning up. Not much you can do about that. Be prepared to sell very quickly though, all good deals on CL are made on the day the ad is posted!

2nd that^^^^^

Also, I've had luck with not posting the email (press the "hide" button on the listing), and putting my phone number in the listing instead. Surprisingly, I've never gotten any prank/solicitation phone calls, and people who pick up the phone and actually talk to you tend to be more serious than some dude shooting off a quick email saying he wants to see it. Got tired of 10 spam/scam emails for every "real" response to ads.

Ebay's a powerful selling tool, but you pay, and pay well for the use of their site. Ebay is a buyer's market, make no mistake. Buying something on ebay costs you nothing (no ebay fees), wheras sellers pay insertion fees, and then final value fees when it sells.

I advertised my toyota pickup on CL at 7am awhile back and by noon I had 4 different people wanting to buy my truck and at 4pm I met a guy 45 miles away at the closest airport from Denver which is 6 hrs drive away and he gave me a certified check and drove off. I had to call wife to give me a ride home lol I am a big beleiver in Craigslist:punk: Good luck

MY Max is listed on Ebay right now and it cost me $12.25 to list and if it sells Ebay gets $125 plus $7 for a reserve price....

Latest posts

Back