Sharky's Max project...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Before the Max idea came up my plan was to graft a 650 Dragstar swingarm into an XJR frame to create a harley softail style bike...
echappementmotoYAMAHAXJR1200BOS.jpg

PROJECTXXX.jpg

I really like the low seat height, but of course we have a fuel tank to deal with...

So, in short,
modern USD front end with springs to suit,
remove stock radiaor and replace with custom unit.
custom headers routed to give useable ground clearance.
modern rear wheel to take 180/190 tyre
extended one-off arm (maybe 50mm) to allow wheel to be aligned properly. shock mounts moved back to drop back end to match front.
One-off fuel cell under seat to fit available space with a seat unit/header tank out of sheet steel to boost capacity.
This is the jig my engineer mate has created so we can play...
lyntonsiphone026600x448.jpg

Once I get one I'll look into using the XVS1100 swingarm....I do like the hardtail look...but it might just not be feasable...
Sat on mates Vrod (turbo) and despite being heavier than my XJR it felt lighter due to the under seat tank etc...mmmmm

Probably stick with twin shock and custom arm.....but real low seat height
Looked at xvs swingarm......no room for tank under seat at all

I probably have the correct diff on hand if you want one. The offset is not correct for the vmax wheel to fit. Plus the gearing is much higher so good for cruising but not racing. I think I even have the shaft and front adapter.

Before the Max idea came up my plan was to graft a 650 Dragstar swingarm into an XJR frame to create a harley softail style bike...

Sounds like it would be pretty cool :clapping:

xjrvmaxfighter.jpg

Attachments

• FXSVMX_Softail.jpg
    FXSVMX_Softail.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 26
Probably stick with twin shock and custom arm.....but real low seat height
Looked at xvs swingarm......no room for tank under seat at all

you could end up with a top fuel tank and have the opportunity for a good capacity, although I don't see how it would fit without messing up the lines of the bike.

That's what I was thinking. but use a little more of the Harley frame, I'm thinking the oil bag can act as a gas tank, but it definitely wouldn't be the biggest.

Looks like my max plans are on indefinite hold.
Girlfriends ex is being an ass and getting nasty over the divorce settlement.
He's making lots of wild accusations and claims (all BS) so her solicitor has advised to see him in court.....the judge they have hates game players and he will get nailed.
In short....this won't be sorted until at least November...
So I'll push on with the 'softail ' style xjr and see what I can create :)

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering,I never asked for the bike....she sprung it on me as a suprise.....

I'll have one one day........

Latest posts

Back