Shifting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storloc

Reaction score
Scenario: Bike is cold to warm, tranny shifts smooth as butter...bike gets hot as in after being ran hard for a while and tranny gets harder to shift. Is this a clutch or tranny issue or is it completely normal? I am going to bleed the clutch for shits and grins but don't expect it to help.

Scenario: Bike is cold to warm, tranny shifts smooth as butter...bike gets hot as in after being ran hard for a while and tranny gets harder to shift. Is this a clutch or tranny issue or is it completely normal? I am going to bleed the clutch for shits and grins but don't expect it to help.
I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION , IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT !:rofl_200:MORLEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS !

sound like maybe the clutch isnt completely disengaging when hot. ..a leak somewhere maybe...or low or contaminated fluid???

mine gets a little weird when it gets really warm and i'm down shifting, sometimes it takes a little extra umph. clutch is completely disengaged. never sounded bad or anything so didn't think much o fit

Well I bled the clutch with a Mityvac. The crap looked like motor oil it was so dark. I didn't have time to get it really hot but it did shift easier than usual. I'll run the piss out of her next chance I get and see how that goes.

Changing the clutch fluid was a start. Now do the oil change and you might find that your problem goes away. A really good indicator of the condition of your motor oil is the shifting. As the oil breaks down and gets contaminated it will get harder to shift. I know people that gauge their oil changes solely on how the bike shifts. If you routinely get your bike really hot your oil will have the consistancy of tea and needs to be changed more often. Sitting in traffic is a bear on motor oil. Let us know how it goes.

The high zinc levels of the Rotella really makes the trans work well...

Clutch and brake fluid should be changed yearly...

Chris

Ouch, now I read this..... guess this is one more thing to add to my 'To-Do' list this weekend. Now where's that damn service manual..?

:th_biggun:

Well everything is flushed and changed. Can't say if it was the oil or clutch fluid but regardless she shifts like butter again!

Back