shop supplies

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Don't know if any of these are around you guys, but out here they are building more and more Tractor Supply Stores

The sell Rotella T 15W-40 in a gallon for 11.99. For 2.5 gallons is is on sale for 25 bucks, regularly 29. lThey sell the synthetic Rotella-T too but not sure on the price. Seafoam is $7 dollars a can. $50 for a gallon. They carry marvel mystery oil, pb blaster, etc.etc. All kinds of stuff like that. Waterproof grease at a decent price.

I've been in there for work a few times to buy grade 8 hardware or whatever but this is the first time I really looked around.

Bought a nice syringe for $2 to try and reverse bleed my brake systems. 1/4 tubing fit it nicely and then onto to brake bleeder. It was a 50 or 60 cc syringe. Enought to fill the entire brake line and caliper on my rear brakes of the dirtbike in one pump. too bad it was leaking at the bleeder. Teflon tape is needed to fix this.

I run rotella in all my quads, full synthetic in mine. I am going to run full synthetic in my max.
I have read quite a bit about oil, and it sounds like the diesel oils still have some of the not so environmental elements.
I would not recommend however running that 15w-40 in your boat. The stuff stinks... Crankcase smells are horrible with Rotella in my boat..

My boat calls for 15W40 so I run Rotella as it's ranked #1.

I don't smell my crankcase... That's a bit weird...

Anything WITHOUT a catalytic converter can be run with diesel oil. The zinc in the oil will ruin a cat!

Chris

It smells like a refinery.. It never did before this season when I decided to make the move to rotella. It's a 2.5 Merc. I have no clue where else the 'smell' would have come from..

Latest posts

Back