slight stumble under 2k

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#10 brass machine screws with the heads cut off, about 24mm long. Very snug fit into the rubber hose (windshield washer hose)
The vacuum air is forced to follow the path of the threads. The length of the screws can be varied to get absolutely no needle wobble!
Cheers!

Very impressive..I like the brass screw Idea. AND......if I get to much pull on my Motion pro........I'm gonna use your idea of the screws !!

well here I am....bought the Pro gauge, synced the carbs, was running like a champ...then it all went to shit. Tons of dirt in the carbs AGAIN, my new fuel filter plugged full of brown sand. Soooooooo, off comes the gas tank tomorrow. I have a gal of muratic acid I'll put to use. Then flush the fuel pump, then clean the carbs AGAIN. hiyyyyy.
I will say, after the sync, the bike pulled really hard. Ahhh...might as well do the spark plugs while I'm at it....they look rusted and original.

I actually have 2 fuel filters on mine. 1 before the pump, and 1 after the pump.

Tank is back on. the muratic acid really did the job. Horrible smelling. I threw in a hand full of nuts, them sloshed it around. I made a plastic patch for the fuel gauge opening so my goop wouldn't pour out. Took the Pressure washer to it next. It looks like new inside. The white can is all the junk that came out..YIKES !
It really isn't a bad job...left frame brace, unbolt shocks, unbolt fender, slide rear tire back 10 inches, easy peasy.

ttttttttttttttttttt%20007_zps2190c2hq.jpg

ttttttttttttttttttt%20001_zpsi6ml8eww.jpg

ttttttttttttttttttt%20003_zpsdkjlvwuo.jpg

ttttttttttttttttttt%20004_zpsujqqco8x.jpg

ttttttttttttttttttt%20006_zpstmxj6s5g.jpg

well after all this.....I still have dirt & small pieces of rubber getting into the carbs. So....The problem is "ahead of the fuel tank". 1st filter is clean. I am pulling the E pump and gonna blow through & flush it till nothing comes out, then I'm changing the rubber hoses as well and put a filter "ahead" of the pump.
around the mountain we go weeeeeee.!

In what condition are your coasting enrichener diaphragms, and your main diaphragms? Any one of them may be deteriorating and contaminating your carb(s) too. How about the sealing edges of your air filter? Those also can disintegrate over time and enter through the tops of your carbs to contaminate, although that stuff usually would not necessarily make it into your float bowls, but would be able to clog air passages. And I forget, did you already install new fuel lines?

Latest posts

Back