Small Digital clock/temp gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
i like the twisted throttle one better for some reason. can't offer advice either way but the one i got from aerostich sucked (i got the 3 handlebar pack, compass/thermometer/clock) and all 3 items didn't work right.

Problem with putting thermometers on bikes is
-the whole thing radiates heat
-it's in the sun all the time

Most cars put them behind the grill so they're out of the sun, and having fresh ambient air sucked past them by the rad fan. That's a bit tougher on a bike.

I tried one on my Honda and found it all but worthless. In the sun it would be pegged at 120, even moving it tended to over read by 5-10 degrees. Couldn't find any small ones with remote sensors you could hide under the back fender or something.

There's some nice clocks/thermos by Formotion for around $30, but I suspect they'd have the same problem.

For time I just fasten my watch to the handlebar, and wedge the extra band between the bar and clutch master. Holds it perfectly in place and easy to read.

Back lit, Temperature gauge, Clock, Voltmeter. Lap counter, Black Ice warning, stop watch - $32

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/Inventory/Navision/4-239?catalogNo=

42391.jpg

Instructions download

Back lit, Temperature gauge, Clock, Voltmeter. Lap counter, Black Ice warning, stop watch - $32

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/Inventory/Navision/4-239?catalogNo=

42391.jpg

Instructions download

I had one for a while and loved it. Then one day it got a little wet and died. Was going to buy another to replace it but found "the reviews" that said that was a major problem from lots of people. It even lists motorcycles in it's advertisement. It's too bad they didn't make it more water-resistant.

I had one for a while and loved it. Then one day it got a little wet and died. Was going to buy another to replace it but found "the reviews" that said that was a major problem from lots of people. It even lists motorcycles in it's advertisement. It's too bad they didn't make it more water-resistant.

I had one of those. It's a re-packaged automotive unit. NOT waterproof, or even resistant. Once caught in the rain and it was dead. Plus the backlighting was so dim it was unreadable at night.

I have no need for temperature or time on my bike. I don't really care about either when I ride, If I'm not going to work or school, I don't want to know the time :)
, but I can see why some people would have the want for them.
A friend of mine has been using these on his bike for a few years now. He loves them to death. But they're not digital.

Clock
Thermometer

They also make a great sound system, he had one on his snowmachine and loved it.

Back