oil pressure gauge question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an oil pressure gauge but have ran into some questions.

I'm looking to match my digital speedo so I was looking at the digital oil pressure gauges.

1. Has anyone on here mounted one if so where did you mount the sending unit? Everything I found so far has a pretty big sending unit, not sure where to mount it so it's not visible.
2. What is the part number for the drain plug I need to use? I tried searching for it but with no luck.

Here's my plan, my current KOSO DL speedo will be installed in the OEM bezel (where the stock tach is), I will get the KOSO DL tach (BA552B80) and mount in where the original speedo was. The oil press gauge will go next to the KOSO speedo (it will replace OEM temp gauge). The reason I want digital is to match what I already have.

I found one online that could work, I'm looking for something that turns black when turned off and has blue display.
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/oil-pressure-gauge-52mm-223-p.asp

The pictures shows what I'm planning on doing. As you can see not to great with paint but you get the idea :)

Attachments

• gauge example.jpg
    gauge example.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 58
as far as the fitting you could contact tom from coo to sell u just that or guys have tapped their existing plug for a fitting that would work to the thread they need.

kawasakioilplugforoilpr.jpg

Kawasaki part 92001-1183

After thinking about it a bit more I ended up ordering this. http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-filter-sender-adapter-20mm-15-thread.aspx It was only $30 and free shipping. I think the sending unit will fit ritht there and no braided oil lines to run. Everything should be out of the view :) I got the M20x1.5, hopefully it's the right one, if not I'm sure I can sell it to someone to use in their car.

Thanks for all the replies, they sure make life a lot easier for some of us :clapping:

Let me know how that ended up. I was thinking about a set like that for use with Digital speedo to get oil temp and press as well. Just make sure the diameter of the plate is enough to carry the spin-on filter...

1. Has anyone on here mounted one if so where did you mount the sending unit? Everything I found so far has a pretty big sending unit, not sure where to mount it so it's not visible.

2. What is the part number for the drain plug I need to use? I tried searching for it but with no luck.

I found one on-line that could work, I'm looking for something that turns black when turned off and has blue display.
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/oil-pressure-gauge-52mm-223-p.asp

This may be a bit late but I have just fitted one of the Iridium gauges.

ed93693f2bd11b1ad4836e90e974a3dc71b18dcc.jpg

To answer two of your questions - Jon at Digital Gauges sells a suitable take off bolt which may even work out cheaper than buying the Kwak item?

I mounted the sensor under the rear of the motor - A suitably modified piece of 20mm angle iron a 42mm (if memory serves well) exhaust clamp and some cable ties allowed me to secure it using one of the already drilled and tapped holes that Yameringha have thoughtfully provided.
Neat and out of the way.
Will post a pic of the installation later.

Let me know how that ended up. I was thinking about a set like that for use with Digital speedo to get oil temp and press as well. Just make sure the diameter of the plate is enough to carry the spin-on filter...
Well, the adapter I got ended up leaking oil a bit. Not sure if it was due to my installation (I mounted it with the flat part to the side) the filter fit fine no issues there. It looked like the problem was where the adapter touches the engine. I haven't really messed with it since then, it could have been tha the O-ring just didn't seat properly. Once I get around to it I'll post some pictures and let you know if it leaks or not. The leak wasn't bad, just few drips after I shot the engine off, but it did leak.

Attached is a picture of it installed.

Attachments

• 2012-03-09 10.09.32.jpg
    2012-03-09 10.09.32.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back