Snomobile in style

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
If I had the $10k he's asking, I would be all over the river right now. :biglaugh:

nash2.jpg

nash1.jpg

nash4.jpg

nash5.jpg

I remember somebody emailing me pictures of that thing a couple years ago for sale, so I guess he isn't having much luck getting rid of it. Really cool though.

How ironic!!!! I have a 1959 Nash Metropolitan in my garage! It was my first car and I still have it, the thing was a blast in high school. The one day my friends waited until I parked it and went in the building, then they picked it up and turned it sideways...I about shit myself when I came out at the end of the day.

Check this one out, it has a 4.3 chevy V6 in it!

Attachments

• 1962-amc-metropolitan-nash-metropolitan (Small).jpg
    1962-amc-metropolitan-nash-metropolitan (Small).jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1962-amc-metropolitan-1962-nash (Small).jpg
    1962-amc-metropolitan-1962-nash (Small).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1962-amc-metropolitan-43-chevrolet-v6 (Small).jpg
    1962-amc-metropolitan-43-chevrolet-v6 (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
My uncle had one of these Metropolitans in the 50's. He was a smaller guy and I was a kid and we both barely fit in the car. Used to drive it around the neighborhood. It was a blast but wouldn't go very fast. Probably wouldn't be allowed on a freeway now (like smaller scooters).

Run mine on the freeway all the time! It will scoot along at 65mph all day long, and sounds like a sewing machine when running. Your uncle might have had an earlier year....they had 1200cc engines in them from 1955 until I think 57 or 58, then they increased them to 1500cc. All years had 3 speed manual transmissions with the shifter on the column. As for being small inside, you can roll up the passenger window from the drivers seat without leaning over! I have wanted to sell mine for years, but my wife always tells me to just hang onto it. I don't drive it as much as I used to.

Run mine on the freeway all the time! It will scoot along at 65mph all day long, and sounds like a sewing machine when running. Your uncle might have had an earlier year....they had 1200cc engines in them from 1955 until I think 57 or 58, then they increased them to 1500cc. All years had 3 speed manual transmissions with the shifter on the column. As for being small inside, you can roll up the passenger window from the drivers seat without leaning over! I have wanted to sell mine for years, but my wife always tells me to just hang onto it. I don't drive it as much as I used to.

Since it was the mid 50's, his had to be the smaller engine. I would love to have one today. I think they are great!

Latest posts

Back