SNOW! Birds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
It snowed pretty good last night and still is here in the north east. My mom used to think we all come back as birds. When you think about it, there are quite a lot of them... anyway we feed em. Here's what was on one of our feeders today. A Red Headed Wood Pecker

Red Headed Wood Pecker.jpg

Thats not a red headed woodpecker, it's a Northern Flicker.
If you want wood peckers, than go to your butcher at the supermarket and buy beef suet for them, They really like that alot.

Great picture Gary. I try to make my yards somewhat of a sanctuary for the critters. I haven't taken any winter pictures yet, but here is some from summer.

Attachments

• critter1.jpg
    critter1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 18
  • temp1.jpg
    temp1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Robins.jpg
    Robins.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 21
  • birds1.jpg
    birds1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Birds3.jpg
    Birds3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 19
Thats not a red headed woodpecker, it's a Northern Flicker.
If you want wood peckers, than go to your butcher at the supermarket and buy beef suet for them, They really like that alot.

It's a Wood Pecker to me :biglaugh: but what do I know, I can tell you what kinda motorcycle is coming 1 mile down the road. A Northern Flicker eh... cool

Great picture Gary. I try to make my yards somewhat of a sanctuary for the critters. I haven't taken any winter pictures yet, but here is some from summer.

That's a neat lookin fountain/bird bath. Nice pics!

Great pic tho Gary....they're pretty secretive and don't usually pose that well. :clapping:

Thanks Danny, maybe you and Bill can help me ID a couple of other birds that hang around. I think he may be my uncle Gill... LOL

Thanks Danny, maybe you and Bill can help me ID a couple of other birds that hang around. I think he may be my uncle Gill... LOL

Haha!! Not sure about the "Uncle Gill" bird, but if you see my wife's "Uncle Howie" bird don't give him any beer!! He'll chase away all the other birds....including Gill!!! :rofl_200:

Haha!! Not sure about the "Uncle Gill" bird, but if you see my wife's "Uncle Howie" bird don't give him any beer!! He'll chase away all the other birds....including Gill!!! :rofl_200:

Knowing Gill... there would be a fight for sure! Lookin forward to hooking up with you for a ride next summer.

Back