So, was the wait worth it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while but the announcement of the 2009 Vmax release has sparked my need for that V4 growl once again.

1675cc V4
New tech straight from their superbike range
Fully adjustable suspension(FINALLY!! IT DOES CORNER!)
updated brakes
Large easy to view tach with shift light.

So what are y'all's first impressions? Was it worth the wait? Is this new beast worthy of the name Vmax?

Certainly gets a HELL FUCKING YES! from me.

In fact the more I read about it on Yamaha's micro site, I feel like bikes like the R1 and R6 and even the MT-01 were mere practice runs to prove the technology for this ike.

Given the price, I could almost care less about the bike, as it's not realistic for me to spend that on a bike, and if I were to spend it on a bike, it'll be comfy enough to cross the country on with zero issues, not a muscle cruiser.

I don't think it is worth $18,000 to me at all. I bought my showroom 2005 with 4,980 miles a month ago for $6500. SO I could buy a NEW Busa for $12000 have the same or better performance as the new Vmax AND keep my Vmax for $18,000.

I don't think it is worth $18,000 to me at all. I bought my showroom 2005 with 4,980 miles a month ago for $6500. SO I could buy a NEW Busa for $12000 have the same or better performance as the new Vmax AND keep my Vmax for $18,000.

Yup, you could do that! But what if the New Max blows away a Busa in the 1/4 mile. Then you'll still be second!
:biglaugh:

The price still let me think ... it will better to wait one or 2 years and to get a nice second hand one.

After I don't care if the bike is more powerful than a busa, when we speak about a vmax we speak about a style and a reputation.
I guess it's still the most important, else just buy a sport bike :)

Michael

Even if the New max beats a busa or b-king it wont be for long [the way suzuki is cranking out bikes] what will you do then? "wow I just spent $20.000 on this bike and its not really all that" oops!

Yup, you could do that! But what if the New Max blows away a Busa in the 1/4 mile. Then you'll still be second!
:biglaugh:

I really don't think that is going to happen. Not with the weight and power stats.

Even if the New max beats a busa or b-king it wont be for long [the way suzuki is cranking out bikes] what will you do then? "wow I just spent $20.000 on this bike and its not really all that" oops!

True, remember the b-king was first shown as a prototype with a supercharger! on it. How long would it take Suzuki to bolt that sucker back on to it? :rocket bike:

Yes the wait was definately worth it IMO. While some may not like the initial impression of the new Vmax, I think that the original had it's naysayers too. Maybe as the Vmax gets seen, touched, heard and felt it will awaken the spirit of those naysayers. Maybe not. I am going to bet that with the first gen Vmax's reputation this new Vmax will bring a bunch of new followers to it. $18k is a lot to spend but it seems that there is a lot of boomers that have a lot of money to throw at their motorcyles. :confused2:

Lol I ask for opinions on the bike and I get bitching about the price.

Come on guys, can you really put a price on passion?
You know if you take this beast for a ride it will stir that deep down animalistic nature within you that will only make you want to grab a bigger handfull and arrive at your destination beating on your chest and declaring to the world that yes you are a man!

You know if you take this beast for a ride it will stir that deep down animalistic nature within you that will only make you want to grab a bigger handfull and arrive at your destination beating on your chest and declaring to the world that yes you are a man!

Well said! :punk:
Sadly, at this point it is more money than I can afford.

Bike is too heavy. Extra power is almost eaten up by the weight. It's the trend of "heavy weight cruisers." Still a 4 gallon tank, although it is plastic and won't rust. I'm hoping some of the stuff on it ie. wheels and front suspension, will be able to bolt onto my '99 with little or no mods.
Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

Price does drive it. Just because I want it, doesn't mean I can have it without robbing a bank or selling crack. If it were say 4G's cheaper that'd definately be something to think about. 18G's though!? I'd have to come across a wrecked one I'm sure, as I don't think used one's will drop that much in a year or two.

I'm in the same boat with finishing up my '67 Dart. I want it done more than you can imagine, but yet it isn't done yet.

I think it's an excellent motorcycle technologically speaking and while I was sick of waiting forever for Yamaha to give us something for years, I'm glad I waited and it was worth it to me. I'll have one and I'll keep my '95 too.

BTW- I won't give my opinion on all the nay-sayer, cry-baby, nit-picker, Wal-Mart price mentality riders on here...... :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks Yamaha! :)

- john

Back