So, was the wait worth it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For starters, and I'm not singling you out John, as I know there has been others doing it, enough of the insults and mud slinging at each other or this thread ends. For those of you getting overly emotional about what is being posted, the thread was asking for people's OPINIONS of whether the wait was worth it TO THEM. So , in other words, there is NO WRONG ANSWER. Saying it is too expensive, they don't like the headlight, not enough HP are all VALID answers. Rather than brow beat each others post, why not post how you feel about it.
Thank you for your time. :cheers:
your right. thread did ask opinions on price. ok, here's mine........ 18K is fair. if those who dont think so, go buy a harley with bias belt tires. :biglaugh: and for the guy that said "money was handed to you" ....... who cares if ya work for it, inherit it, pimp out your wife for it,ect. matters is......... you got a it!!! I will take it anyway i can. how about a donation for a new vmax for me....anyone?

I just talked to 2 dealers in my area and both said that they can't guarantee getting a 2009 model even with downpayment because the spots have filled up! They wanted to keep my money with the possibility of getting one and no guarantee...WTF???

Anyone else having this problem???

:confused2:

They'll be selling for $20K+ on Ebay with this limited run. Surely the factory will make more of the 2009 models.

Neil

It kinda means American products aint shit anymore when Japaneese products are the same price.

America is in trouble!

I agree about America being in trouble. A good start would be to ban off-shoring by American companies. Only other option is for them to match the pay scale of the Mexicans and Indians.

No, you have missed my point, but no worries- it's all good. I made the Wal-Mart comment, because those folks who can't afford the bike here for whatever reason, decide to "validate" their negative statements about this bike (or anything else for that matter) by bashing the thing to oblivian before they even seen the thing first-hand, so they constantly scream and cry, "it's too expensive" as a result.

It is a damn expensive bike and whether you're riding a pricey Harley or this VMAX that costs this much, give credit where credit is due, until you've had the opportunity to ride one for yourself to make the decision etheir way if it's worth it or not. Opinions are like assholes as they say...even un-informed stupid ones........

I for one think the bike looks to be very well engineered and from my only experience in seeing it online (just like you guys) I don't have anything negative to judge it from. Now if I ride this thing and it's a turd, well then I'll be the first to come on here and say it a POS, but I'll at least of had the common decency and personal courtesy to wait to pass negative judgement on the thing ***AFTER*** I saw it first hand- price included.

It seems everyone is only bashing the thing this hard because it's out of their price range and that pisses them off. I mean, it is *REALLY* that big of deal if the headlite isn't to your liking, the gas tank isn't big enough, the scoops look stupid, blah, blah, blah of other stupid stuff?? I'll bet no one would be nit-pick bitching about that little stuff if the bike was 12k now would they? No, they would buy the bike and "live" with the issues, just like they've done with the Gen 1 bike to date. I didn't see anyone bitching about the 2007, 22 year old Gen 1 bike design they bought that had so many problems with chassis, brakes, electrical over the years now did they??? No...... So, to make themselves feel better, they knock the new bike in every way they can to validate their un-informed claims. Now *THAT* is simple minded bullshit!

I love my bike now- even with it's issues and I'd buy it again if I could. However, the new bike seems to be built with all the improvements and upgrades that everyone has been crying to Yamaha about for years. So now that it's here and it's not what some would like to pay for those improvements, they cry anyway. As they say, you'll never please everyone no matter what you do, because there will always be negative folks everywhere you go and I think Yamaha has already factored that in with the development of this bike. Good for them. ;)

BTW- We shop at Wal-Mart too, but I don't expect much from them either..

- john

Then I apologize for missing the point.

The only negative I've found with the bike is the price, it seems they want the cost of the tool and die along with R&D back that first year of production. That's all.

Getting back on thread. I personally love my '85. I see alot of the aftermarket improvements I did to mine in the 2009.

The price is due to recovering RD costs and factory tooling. First year models are always collectibles. I'd rather wait until the aftermarket catches up and pick up one about 2-3 years down the line. By then they'll have all the factory recall issues through the pipeline and we will have a well polished bike.

One great potential here about this whole thing is that it could spur another all-out power cruiser arms race. Just think of the possibilities.

V-105 Magna street fighter.
1400L-Eliminator [with the ZX1400 motor]

and dare I dream?
FJ2000
Honda CBX1800

In the meantime, I'll continue to lovingly tweak on the Max that I bought for $2500 last winter.

You can kiss my ass moron and for your un-informed and stupid mentality's information- I'm a full grown adult of 36 years that has earned everything I have today, where *NOTHING* was given to me ever in my life! I built my successful engine building business from nothing 7 years ago, with my own money from an idea on blank sheet of paper where everyone I talked to was negative, saying "it couldn't be done" and that I would "fail". Well, I finished College (which I also paid for in full myself) earned my mechanical engineering degree on my own and made a success of myself and my business.

I have nothing to prove to anyone, especially to a dickhead like yourself and I am most certainly not going to apologize for the success and wealth I have now that I *EARNED* on my own!

How many other guys have the balls to quit their paying jobs to venture out on their own? That's right, hardley any, because they would just rather suck the tit of someone else to support them, than forge their own way in life on their own like I have. Now I have no issue with that in any capacity, as I worked for many people over the years myself, so to each his own- but I'm also not knocking them like you're knocking me, just because I done well for myself and support my family, as well as 7 other familys' livelihoods here with my business.

If you can't afford the bike, than fine- I can...so what? However, give the bike a chance first before you knock the thing with negativism, when you've not even seen, rode or heard one first-hand for yourself to pass such negative judgement on it. I can't stand negative people and to those that say it can't be done, this - that whatever, I say move over then, because I'm doing it anyway and I'll be the first to give the bike negative cracks if I see it has any, but only ***AFTER*** I've had a chance to see it/ride it first hand ***FIRST***.

Jerk...

- john

Well said, I'm with you.

How can you judge the bike before you ride it? I don't get it. Way too many negitive people on here.

Their are several bikes made today that are 18K and over and the people that buy them don't complain. They rided them and enjoy them. I think 18K is right in line. Will I buy one no, I have two bike already and have two friends that are buying them so I will ride theirs.

In fact the more I read about it on Yamaha's micro site, I feel like bikes like the R1 and R6 and even the MT-01 were mere practice runs to prove the technology for this ike.

The R1 and R6 were bred to win races not be a test bed for a 683 lb muscle cruiser. You have the tail wagging the dog.

Yup, you could do that! But what if the New Max blows away a Busa in the 1/4 mile. Then you'll still be second!
:biglaugh:

Given what we think we know about the new V-max, 683 lbs wet and 197 crank hp, I see the Hayabusa, ZX-14, B-King and all 4 liter bikes being better quarter-milers. Assumes good riders on both bikes, same track, same conditions.

Unless the U.S spec max is more powerful, there will be no "blowing away". Weight is a big factor and wind resistence is meaningful when you dip below 10 seconds and push high trap speeds.

:peace out bike:

I love the V-max, just being realistic. Also it is a cooler bike that sport bikes in many ways.

Is it just me or does attention to detail matter when you create an awesome work of art like a Vmax?

Take a look at this pic. Do you think for $18,000 Yamaha could have finished off the exhaust pipes more professionally and aesthetically pleasing than this?

Attachments

• exhaust.jpeg
    exhaust.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 30
The R1 and R6 were bred to win races not be a test bed for a 683 lb muscle cruiser. You have the tail wagging the dog.
Perhaps, but neither of those have the same kind of legend as the Vmax.
Maybe I should have just said it was simple common sense to put the Y-CCI and Y-CCT into this bike.

Is it just me or does attention to detail matter when you create an awesome work of art like a Vmax?

Take a look at this pic. Do you think for $18,000 Yamaha could have finished off the exhaust pipes more professionally and aesthetically pleasing than this?

I agree, the weld job is for crap...but compared to the shit brown used on the cam covers etc, it wouldn't be that noticable. Peoples eyes will immediately go to the hodge-podge brown parts. Yammi wants to sell aftermarket OEM parts. They rightfully figure that most of the Gen 2 buyers will want to replace the brown with alum colored billet. For $18 grand the bike should at least look presentable in stock form.

Perhaps, but neither of those have the same kind of legend as the Vmax.
Maybe I should have just said it was simple common sense to put the Y-CCI and Y-CCT into this bike.

It is great when racing tech is refined on the track and then makes its way into production bikes. I agree with the legendary status of the Vmax and it deserves to have the latest and greatest.

Well said, I'm with you.

How can you judge the bike before you ride it? I don't get it. Way too many negitive people on here.

Their are several bikes made today that are 18K and over and the people that buy them don't complain. They rided them and enjoy them. I think 18K is right in line. Will I buy one no, I have two bike already and have two friends that are buying them so I will ride theirs.

I like your way of thinking ( I`ll ride my friends ) way to go

This 09 max is sexiest thing I have ever seen.If I can...I will be more then happy to pay $18,000 for it.Not only is it everything that made me fall in love with a Vmax twenty years ago.It's more....Holy Shit man It has brakes....And every other bit of high tech super bike stuff that we all have been wishing for and bitching about for twenty plus years.So now that yamaha has given it to me You better belive that I'll do everything in my power to get one.
Hell guys.It's only money...They print more that shit everyday.You only live once.Make it count.

10 sold as of thursday in NZ.

The going price for them here is between $30-35K NZD which is $22,472 - $26,218. Just to give y'all some perspective.

Way the hell out of my price range.
Luckily one of the 10 sold here is at the local shop so I will at least get to see one in the flesh by the end of the year.

10 sold as of thursday in NZ.

The going price for them here is between $30-35K NZD which is $22,472 - $26,218. Just to give y'all some perspective.

Way the hell out of my price range.
Luckily one of the 10 sold here is at the local shop so I will at least get to see one in the flesh by the end of the year.

NOTHING is out of your price range!
See it, Feel it, Finance it! :eusa_dance:

Back