Someone must be telling me to wear my helmet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went around the block with visor up and got a bee in the ear,pulled over and got helmet off after being stung & he flew away.could have been worse,I was driving my truck with my pitbike in back when a bird or UFO craped on my windsheild.not your normal crap,must have been 3-4 cups worth.I hit my wipers and just smeared everywhere making it hard to see,I looked at the wife and said I'm glad I wasn't on the max!lol

Always wear your helmet................and your seat belt.

My helmet took this hit during a combat assault on a hot LZ; Kien Long, RVN, 12 July 1970.
Luckily, the round went all the way thru the chopper before it hit the back of my helmet, and then my head.
Slowed the round down enough so that it only had enough force to knock me into the gun mount in front of me, and knock me out.

Good thing I had my seat belt on too.
If I hadn't been wearing it, I'd probably have fell out of the chopper when I got slammed forward.

Last thing I remembered before I went unconcious:
The crew chief telling the pilot, "He's hit in the back of the head; I think he may be dead"!

Jester 42

Attachments

• July 12, 1970  Took a hit...............jpg
    July 12, 1970 Took a hit...............jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back