Sometimes life has a way of keeping me in check...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I was walking into the work break room. Getting myself a cup of coffee and this commercial came on:

http://ispot.tv/a/76PQ

I got choked up. Fought back the tears. Because I know Dennis and I know this commercial doesn't even scratch the surface of the struggles this man and his family has gone through since his injury.

I know him through his mother Julie who runs a charity literally out of her garage for soldiers called A Soldier's Wishlist.

http://www.asoldierswishlist.org/

Ever since we moved up to St. Louis me, my kids, and my ex-wife have been involved with helping Julie and her cause. She's tough as nails and speaks her mind. I respect the hell out of her.

This all reminded me of just how fortunate I am to have served and honorably discharged in one piece. This reminded me that my struggles aren't struggles at all when compared to what Dennis, Julie, and the tens of thousands of other veterans and their families are struggling with each and every day.

It really reminds me I'm not doing enough for others.... I need to do more. Especially for veterans.

Thanks for posting, and may God bless Dennis and all our veterans with the help they need in their post service struggles. You can't help but be inspired by that commercial! It certainly reminded me of how many who fought for my family and country need my help now.

Mark

That's a strong message about the people who sacrificed so much for our freedom.
God Bless All Vets. VOTE for someone who Really Cares. GWB still visits Vets on his own Time even after leaving office.

That's a strong message about the people who sacrificed so much for our freedom.
God Bless All Vets. VOTE for someone who Really Cares. GWB still visits Vets on his own Time even after leaving office.

Unbelievable....Why did you have to go there?

Back