Spark Plug Condition

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
So I just replaced the plugs in my Max with NGK Iridium's and decided to snap some shots of the old ones as I took them out. I thought perhaps someone might know if these look 'ok' or not? I've only owned it for about 2 months now so I don't know when they were last changed.

So, when sitting on the bike:

• Image 1 (1RR1.jpg) is from the RIGHT REAR Cylinder
  • Image 2 (2RF1.jpg) is from the RIGHT FRONT Cylinder
  • Image 3 (3LR2.jpg) is from the LEFT REAR Cylinder
  • Image 4 (4LF2.jog) is from the LEFT FRONT Cylinder

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 1RR1.jpg
    1RR1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 2RF1.jpg
    2RF1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 3LR2.jpg
    3LR2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 60
  • 4LF2.jpg
    4LF2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 58
Its hard saying with monitor/camera color variation. But I's say they look normal to a touch on the lean side. Vmax tends to like it on the lean side so I say they look pretty good.

Nice grayish color with a little tan in there, not much electrode wear, no carbon deposits. still a black ring so looks like your in good shape a/f wise. You might be on the hot side of the plug, It looks like its burning the deposits all the way to the welded point of the electrode. Its hard to say without holding the plug myself and looking at it up close.

Its hard saying with monitor/camera color variation. But I's say they look normal to a touch on the lean side. Vmax tends to like it on the lean side so I say they look pretty good.

Nice grayish color with a little tan in there, not much electrode wear, no carbon deposits. looks like your in good shape a/f wise.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I thought they looked 'ok' but really had nothing to base my assumption on.
:biglaugh:

No problem, here is a good looking plug and a plug reading chart.

Attachments

• Spark_Plug_Readings_Proper_HeatRange2.jpg
    Spark_Plug_Readings_Proper_HeatRange2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 40
  • reading_spark_plugs.jpg
    reading_spark_plugs.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 48
Back