Spilcker COP's brackets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I have been pondering the idea of making something similar to Fred's cop holder that he came up with :ummm: I had been thinking of making them out of real carbon fiber sheet :confused2: if there is interest in this please let me know. I was thinking of either gloss or a matte finish? The stuff is expensive upwards of 800+ for just a small piece I am thinking the price would be comparable to Fred's they would be water jet cut.:eusa_dance:

Thanks G

Sounds pretty cool to me. Another bling accessory for sure!

Ok I ended up buying a small piece to try it out and see if my machinist can get me a solid price on cutting. Will return with the update probably in 2 weeks. Thanks for all the inquiries on them and I hope that it works out.

G

ok for all of you that had been asking what they will end up looking like and I promissed I would get you guys something, this is it. The lettering will be waterjet cut all the way through. Several of you had already asked about stainless and that is a possiblility for sure, along with plain black powder coated steel ones. These will be a standard item in all of the future kits. For those of you that already have my COP conversion kit these would compliment the kit very nicely or Fred has his available too.
Thanks again for your interest.
G

Here's like I would do it...done actually.

mzcy.jpg

I do not have my EFI bracket on hand and cant find the CAD file. Send me some basic dimmensions
(those above my not be acccurate) and I'll give you some more examples with CAD files as well.

Also if you plan to waterjet them you gonna need to know a few rules before...to not frustrate the waterjet CAM
engineer LOL
I would recommend Laser cutting tho.

I do not have my EFI bracket on hand and cant find the CAD file. Send me some basic dimmensions
(those above my not be acccurate) and I'll give you some more examples with CAD files as well.

Also if you plan to waterjet them you gonna need to know a few rules before...to not frustrate the waterjet CAM
engineer LOL
I would recommend Laser cutting tho.

I personally do not like the laser cutting for the simple fact that it leaves burrs or rough edges on the back side of the part. I will have to consult my machinist to find out all the info for you or he will do it? He is a good friend of mine for over 20 years :punk: G

Good. I use to work as waterjet/laser/plasma cutting engineer for CAM/CAD software.
Good laser techniques gives almost comparable quality as waterjet does and its more
accurate, cheaper and faster. I also like waterjest but it is a simple "missuse" when you want
to cut something thiner then 10 mm.

Good. I use to work as waterjet/laser/plasma cutting engineer for CAM/CAD software.
Good laser techniques gives almost comparable quality as waterjet does and its more
accurate, cheaper and faster. I also like waterjest but it is a simple "missuse" when you want
to cut something thiner then 10 mm.

Very nice to know Prez.... :ummm: I will see what my buddy comes up with... So you do the programming?

G

Did these ever happen?

They are happening just not the way I originally wanted them to be. This first rounded ended up being aluminum that I had powder coated black which is done. Then I am having them engraved by the machinist. Right now I am waiting on him.

Thanks G

Did these ever happen?

They are happening just not the way I originally wanted them to be. This first rounded ended up being aluminum that I had powder coated black which is done. Then I am having them engraved by the machinist. Right now I am waiting on him.

Thanks G

Can I ask if getting a set just coated is possible? Also how much and do you have extras or are they spoken for?

Any update on these? I just installed my COPs that I bought from Sean, they are all wobbly indeed so I definitely want set of brackets too.

Latest posts

Back