Spittin and Sputterin 07

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie to the site. I have a 07 w/ 650 miles on it . I guess I should tell you that at 400 I did the "stock exhaust mod" with the 5, 1/2 holes in each side. I went for a ride yesterday and noticed that when at a steady RPM, in town, it almost sounds like it isn't quite hittin on all 4 but out on the highway (50-70mph) you can almost feel it surging. It still pulls the tire in first thtough third and runs real strong when you open the throttle up, it just seems to be at steady RPM's? Also afterrunning steady for a bit when you let off the throttle you can here a slight pop out of the exhaust. Any help would be great!! This is one AWESOME site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!

Newbie to the site. I have a 07 w/ 650 miles on it . I guess I should tell you that at 400 I did the "stock exhaust mod" with the 5, 1/2 holes in each side. I went for a ride yesterday and noticed that when at a steady RPM, in town, it almost sounds like it isn't quite hittin on all 4 but out on the highway (50-70mph) you can almost feel it surging. It still pulls the tire in first thtough third and runs real strong when you open the throttle up, it just seems to be at steady RPM's? Also afterrunning steady for a bit when you let off the throttle you can here a slight pop out of the exhaust. Any help would be great!! This is one AWESOME site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!

Get some Seafoam fuel treatment and pour it into the tank and run it. It will go away. About 4-5 ounces should do it.

Are you running 15% Ethanol in it? I had to stop as mine did the EXACT same thing yours is.:confused2: It hasn't since and I run some seafoam in it from time to time.

Chris

It is most likely your pilot circuits getting plugged. It is very important to put a fuel stabilizer in the tank when in storage.

Seafoam may loosen it up, if it doesn't, you will have to take the carbs apart and soak them out.

Thanks 4gasm I will try the seafoam!! do you think the dealerships will say anything about my exhaust mod if I ever needed to take it in for anything under warranty?

Digger Thanks but it hasn't been in storage, jsut got it in late March.

Thanks 4gasm I will try the seafoam!! do you think the dealerships will say anything about my exhaust mod if I ever needed to take it in for anything under warranty?

Digger Thanks but it hasn't been in storage, jsut got it in late March.

Where in IL are you? :ummm:

I am south of Galesburg about 10 miles
Or south of the Quad Cities about an hour

I live in the QC.

My family have a lake house in Dahinda!

I'm there almost every weekend in the summer.

We are looking to do a drag day at Cordova IL race way so watch for it...

Chris

Have you had the 600 mile sevice done? When mine was done they had to re-adjust the mixture and synch the carbs it made a big difference. I asked my dealer about the warranty if I switched the exhaust. I was told as long as it didn't affect the engine I was good.

I live in the QC.

My family have a lake house in Dahinda!

I'm there almost every weekend in the summer.

We are looking to do a drag day at Cordova IL race way so watch for it...

Chris
I will watch for that sounds like a good time!!!!!!!!

Have you had the 600 mile sevice done? When mine was done they had to re-adjust the mixture and synch the carbs it made a big difference. I asked my dealer about the warranty if I switched the exhaust. I was told as long as it didn't affect the engine I was good.

Just done the 600 mile service myself, changed oil and filter and diff fluid, Idid put a little extra oil in it to keep the light off during hard acceleration, but maybe only an 1/8 of a quart, too much??

At first when I seen "Spttin and Sputterin 07" I thought you may have met an EX Girlfriend of mine from 2007. She would spit and at times sputter also.:rofl_200:

No need for the extra oil. Don't worry about the light... Fill it to the top line in the sight glass. Keep your eyes on the road and ride it like you stole it.

Back