Spoked rims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icecold

Reaction score
any of you guys run em or know of or have seen it done before?
I know it would be a bitch to do with the stock set up but what about a chain conversion?

I think a set of 17" spokies would look extremely bad ass:punk:

it would be kind of neat for a manufacturer to make them, then you could tell them the size rim you want and they could just bolt it up to the already manufacturered hub.

The original Kerker bike that made all the stupid fast drag times in the '80's had a custom set. It looked pretty cool and of course, they're STUPID light.

Chris

I've never seen one, though I'd be somewhat concerned if the spokes could handle the power...

I might be lambasted for writing this, but I have never liked spoked wheels.

I am not a spoke fan but if I remember correctly Kosman made the ones for the The Vmax that they used in the test in the early mid 80's. I am sure you could check with them & for some crazy price they might do another set.

I've never seen one, though I'd be somewhat concerned if the spokes could handle the power...

It depends on how many spokes. My chopper put 140hp/140tq to the ground, I had a 32 spoked rear with a 230 venom on the back. At about 20mph I got on it, and ripped about half the spokes.

Back in the 80's there were a few 9sec kaws running (H2, KZ) and they were running spokes in the back with very little breakage.

I am not a spoke fan but if I remember correctly Kosman made the ones for the The Vmax that they used in the test in the early mid 80's. I am sure you could check with them & for some crazy price they might do another set.

Yup your on it :eusa_dance:
Kosman made the wheels for the "taking it to the 9's" bike. A while back someone contacted them and theyre not being made anymore. a couple of times I've seen them on ebay, I think it was the same set though. You could have got new carrz for the price he wanted.

It depends on how many spokes. My chopper put 140hp/140tq to the ground,

Wow, what motor was making that happen? Couldn't have been a HD....

So I imagine unless your vmax motor is really worked into something special, you shouldn't have any problems.

Sounds like it's pretty much a moot point though, since they're just not around anymore.

No lambasting from this guy, everyone has their own opinions and i respect that.
I happen to think they are the TITS but thats just me.
Kind of an old school thing about them, a throw back to a simpler time if you will.
If i could find a way to do it i definately would.

I like the look, but hate cleaning them. Back wheel would look cool, but mot front on the max. Mr Max needs something more substantial up there IMO.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Wow, what motor was making that happen? Couldn't have been a HD....

So I imagine unless your vmax motor is really worked into something special, you shouldn't have any problems.

Sounds like it's pretty much a moot point though, since they're just not around anymore.

It was an Ultima 127" el bruto engine.
http://www.ultimaproducts.com/seven.htm

Back