start with no key???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightfox85

Reaction score
so i apparently have a ghost in this bike. today at work i was told that my head light was on on my bike. i thought they were misataken as i had my keys in my pocket but i checked anyways because they wouldnt leave me alon and sure enough it was, whats worse is the ignition was on and i could start the bike with out the key in it. strang problem to have but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and could provide feedback on where to look to get this fixed... i hate electrical.

Switch is dirty. Disconnect 3-wire connector to key switch and complete disassemble/clean.

Ok so I did that And it was fine for about a month and now it's doing it again, should I clean it again or just think about getting a new one.

On some bikes I've seen the key can be removed from the ignition with the ignition in the on position. Sure your not accidentally just plucking the key out w/o turning it off?

Other than that clean or replace the switch...

Back