Stock and Modified

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sine I'm unfamiliar with boosting this small an engine, I would be ignorant about what boost numbers to start monitoring, but I would have figured around the 6lb area, but your probably right.

I'm not familiar with boosting this small an engine either, I'm pulling all this out of my ass:biglaugh:

Later,

Rusty

Well I surely do not know anything about the a/f ratio .The dyno I had done was a crock I think .The guy didn't type in the type of bike . The date , time , For all I know It's just a printout. I do know my bike is a whole lot faster than it was .And it will break traction in between 1st, 2nd , 3rd and likes to pull the wheel if it doesn't break traction . I am very happy with it even if it's a weak 125 rwhp . I also really love this site ,you all are very helpful. so much I can learn from each and every one . Thanks ,Jason:biglaugh:

Well I surely do not know anything about the a/f ratio .The dyno I had done was a crock I think .The guy didn't type in the type of bike . The date , time , For all I know It's just a printout. I do know my bike is a whole lot faster than it was .And it will break traction in between 1st, 2nd , 3rd and likes to pull the wheel if it doesn't break traction . I am very happy with it even if it's a weak 125 rwhp . I also really love this site ,you all are very helpful. so much I can learn from each and every one . Thanks ,Jason:biglaugh:

With that big of an investment I would be freaking!:th_signs60:

I'd also be on the phone with the guy who sold it to you to see what he had to say.

From what ive read and heard the supercharger on a stock motor will only give you about a 135Hp bike maybe 140hp. So with that said your down 10-15hp from where you should be. I beleive it would have to do with the exhaust. an exhaust alone will give you 10hp on a stock motor. put on a full system and youll be where you should. sounds to me the dyno was accurate.

Just for reference, I put a turbo on my sled this year. 2006 yamaha apex 1000cc EFI. W/stock compession making 150hp at crank, the boost at 8lbs makes 235-240 when still rich. You should be making some nice hp unless you have a weak link somewhere (too small pipes, intake charge too hot-need intercooler, etc.).

Just for reference, I put a turbo on my sled this year. 2006 yamaha apex 1000cc EFI. W/stock compession making 150hp at crank, the boost at 8lbs makes 235-240 when still rich. You should be making some nice hp unless you have a weak link somewhere (too small pipes, intake charge too hot-need intercooler, etc.).

got a dyno graph?

Yea an air fuel graph would be helpful on my 300ogt it is reccomended to run 11.5:1 air fuel under full boost, 16.8 psi. Which is actually a little leaner than factory 10.8 to 1.

Yeah my buddy took his 110bhp 2000 civic and is putting 300 to the ground with a turbo kit now. It's F'ing stupid!

Turbo's are the way of the future... Ford has their new ecoboost engines coming out soon!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/06/business/NA-FIN-COM-US-Ford-Farleys-Challenge.php

wave of the future.....? they were invented in ww2 to compensate for thin air on fighter planes... it was cutting edge technology then.
Today its all just refining the the concept one way or the other...

"wave of the future" would be more like hydrogen power........or even those rocket fast electric cars....

Dont be fooled there is a big difference between a roots type blower[such as the magnacharger] and a screw type blower. With a roots your luckey if you can get 8-12 pounds of boost Screw type is the way to go but your talking big big money no one makes a bolt on system for a Max its all custom made from the manifold to the blower. Thats what Sean,was stating about thr roots they dont make that much power..If it was a screw type blower the HP #s would be much higher even on a stock motor[with 8.5.1 compression] you can bump up the boost to 12 or more.

Dont be fooled there is a big difference between a roots type blower[such as the magnacharger] and a screw type blower. With a roots your luckey if you can get 8-12 pounds of boost Screw type is the way to go but your talking big big money no one makes a bolt on system for a Max its all custom made from the manifold to the blower. Thats what Sean,was stating about thr roots they dont make that much power..If it was a screw type blower the HP #s would be much higher even on a stock motor[with 8.5.1 compression] you can bump up the boost to 12 or more.

Madmaxes blower setup is a screw type blower, or so he told me on the phone a couple of years ago, claims it makes much less heat than straight roots type.

I disagree with the basic claim that roots can't make XXX amount of Boost, it can and has made HUGE amounts of boost for many years.

The problem with roots type is that it creates huge amounts of heat..IE adiabatic efficiency....

But any F/I product is going to do that, you can't compress air without making it it hot, although some processes are more efficient than others, even a centrifugal blower or turbocharger creates huge amounts of heat, that's why intercooling is such a big deal......

Madmaxes blower setup is a screw type blower, or so he told me on the phone a couple of years ago, claims it makes much less heat than straight roots type.

I disagree with the basic claim that roots can't make XXX amount of Boost, it can and has made HUGE amounts of boost for many years.

The problem with roots type is that it creates huge amounts of heat..IE adiabatic efficiency....

But any F/I product is going to do that, you can't compress air without making it it hot, although some processes are more efficient than others, even a centrifugal blower or turbocharger creates huge amounts of heat, that's why intercooling is such a big deal......

I agree I just thought about what I wrote the roots has made large amounts of boost just is not that efficient.

You can actually make a centrifugal blower out of a smog pump as on a 350 chevy [California emmissions] it will produce 5-10 pounds of boost, two can actually be configured together for even higher boost. a cheap mans blower!

IYou can actually make a centrifugal blower out of a smog pump as on a 350 chevy [California emmissions] it will produce 5-10 pounds of boost, two can actually be configured together for even higher boost. a cheap mans blower!

Damn, never heard of that one....Me likey.......:biglaugh:

I've got a procharger centrifugal out in the garage I'd love to figure out what to do with some day...To big for the bike tho'....it's sized for a 3.5L

Screw style blowers are so much more efficient than the standard roots style it's not funny. It's also the reason the top fuel guys aren't allowed to run them, and they're stuck with roots. Although 8000HP is probably enough.

Nice thread! I only think that you should have used the same dyno. Every dyno displays a little differently, your comparison would be more accurate when using the same dyno.

Back