stock "mini windsheild" picture please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Looking for any picture of the stock windsheild (INSTRUMENT COWL)

Thinking bout buying one in the next few days. Just want to see what it looks like!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Here are a few

SeniorBall2009092.jpg

NewSeat003.jpg

Guys, you know where to get one for a good price ?
The genuine one is really the best one.
The only alternative I saw was from Exactrep:

sports-fly-screen-click.JPG

Original still look better IMO.

hey ghost.

just an FYI. the thing u are looking for is an "instrument cowl" there's one on ebay right now being bid on. starting bid $10.

there is also a Mini-III windshield which is an 16" ish small windshield. much bigger than the cowl.

its the one on the right bike here from danny's profile:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=36&pictureid=1876

I had mine custom painted ,Sean got the mounts and brackets chromed for me,you can view it on the gallery. JIM 3933

sean had mine p/c i should mention as well. the stock brushed aluminum or whatever is much better finished with chrome or p/c.

I swear this thread has been edited by the twighlight zone.

Gary McCoy at Mondak.

My first post - I used to read it as " (INSTRUMENT COWL) when I logged in today it read (INSTRUM

I think may have officially went off the deep end :p

For me, the OEM "flyscreen" as Yamaha calls it directs air smack into my helmet visor in a normal riding position. Doesn't really bother me, but if only it "flared" a few degrees higher up. It's great when you get into 100+ territory also, provides a big enough "space" to tuck into and be out of the wind. It's a lifesaver at 140mph.

For me, the OEM "flyscreen" as Yamaha calls it directs air smack into my helmet visor in a normal riding position. Doesn't really bother me, but if only it "flared" a few degrees higher up. It's great when you get into 100+ territory also, provides a big enough "space" to tuck into and be out of the wind. It's a lifesaver at 140mph.

This is the MEK cowl and it looks VERY close to stock. It can be had at stock 200mm height or extended 300mm height as show in my pics.

Attachments

• DSC01350.jpg
    DSC01350.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01353.jpg
    DSC01353.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 35
I'd like to know where you guys that are posting photos got the chrome "case guards" with the V logo in the circle?
Also who is the "go to" person/place for "frame savers".

My bike (05) is currently sitting in the garage unused; waiting for replacement parts .......... badly bent gear shift lever, and clutch lever.
Result of not making sure kickstand was fully extended & secure before walking away from the bike. First time for that; hopefully the last!

Ever tried to kick your own ass, for doing something really dumb?

Jester 42

Back