Stock Muffler Compatibility Over The Years

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontfeedphils

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm assuming the stock exhaust/mufflers are are interchangeable across the years but I wanted to make sure. I have an '01 and I am looking at buying an '04 muffler and just want to double check and make sure it'll actually fit.

Thanks for any responses guys!

i thought the only difference was chrome/black versions of the same thing. but let someone else chime in before you pull the trigger

They are all the same as far as fitment goes. I had 2003 chrome headers/mufflers on my 97, replacing the original black ones. Have since replaced with Kerker chrome slip-ons.

Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm assuming the stock exhaust/mufflers are are interchangeable across the years but I wanted to make sure. I have an '01 and I am looking at buying an '04 muffler and just want to double check and make sure it'll actually fit.

Thanks for any responses guys!
Yes it will fit... Are you going to ride with us this Sunday 9-11 ? We are going to meet at I96 and the Lowell exit at 0640 for a day of riding, you should join us and meet some fellow Vmaxers. PM me or call me 231-670-0802
Chuck.

Latest posts

Back