Stock Muffler Removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 773

Reaction score
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

I can't get these Muthers off!!!! I have removed all clamp bolts and pryed the !@*#! out of the flanges and the SOBs won't budge. They move up and down just fine, but I can't get them to move back on the head pipes at ALL!

Helpful hints, anyone?

You need to remove bolt holding collector on too. It's towards the front of it.

LOL it's always the simple things that get us...

Don't tell anyone, but it took me a couple of minutes to figure that one out too... It's kinda hard to see when you're on your side looking in...

Glad you got it sorted.

Chris

LOL it's always the simple things that get us...

Soooooooooooooo true.

Reminds me of a time I was doing work on my Mustang that required me to disconnect the battery. Upon finishing and reconecting the battery I had my remote ready to silence the alarm. Connected the + cable while simultaneously hitting the disarm button and finished buttoning everything up.

Got in, started it up, everything was good... Shut it down and tried to arm the factory alarm.The alarm would not arm. Noticed the dome light was on. Oh, Ok, must have left a door open. Checked both doors. Shut 'em tight. Still had a dome light on and no alarm. Any number of things went through my head from "I fried the computer" to "WTF???????".

Took me an hour (yes, 60 mins.) to figure out that I had held the disarm button long enough to pop the hatch when I had reconnected the batery. Having not had the hatch open during the work, it never crossed my mind to check it. :bang head:

Simplicity has been my nemisis more than once... :rofl_200:

Back