Storage???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redlinesd1

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this form and I am wondering if anyone knows of any storage solutions? I am going on a 3000+ km roadtrip and need to pack some stuff. Really don't want to wear a backpack. Is there a rear seat bag that will mount? If so can you still get to the fuel tank? Any help is appreciated.....

fatmax makes some nice hard cases

i use dowco rally bags they work nice

lots of 'sport bike' saddle bags work well.

I've seen some really nice setups, but because I'm not really interested at the moment, I haven't noted the names and manufacturers. However, the ones that ZackDaniels just bolted on come to mind. PM him.

I've seen some really nice setups, but because I'm not really interested at the moment, I haven't noted the names and manufacturers. However, the ones that ZackDaniels just bolted on come to mind. PM him.

zacks' are fatmax

I have a nice set of Cortech butt & saddle bags with a bag rail to keep them off the pipes, but I've never used the saddle bags before, because I didn't want to relocate my rear turn signals to make room for them. I use the butt bag all the time, but it has to come loose and be slid back on the bike in order to get the OEM seat up for a fill up.

If you had a passenger backrest and/or rear rack, the sky is the limit what could be bungied on for storage room. (or 10lbs, whichever comes first according to the rear rack instructions. lol)

I would look into a top case mounted on a Cyclistic rack (he's a vendor here) then add saddlebags if needed. Using just the rack allows you to position the top case or other luggage further back making it easy to fuel. You might want to add a tank bag to keep a few things really handy.
Also check out Wolfman Luggage, they offer some very nice nice tailbags and other luggage.
I have and use this bag M/C Superstore. I can pack a weeks worth of gear in it and it works well.

zacks' are fatmax

They are indeed. +1 on them being rather awesome. They look better in person then in photos... the photos have a way of making the bike almost look like a trike.

They're impressively large capacity. I've loaded a whole grocery cart in them - everything fit except an 18 bottle case of beer I had to spider web to the pillion seat. The rounded shape makes them appear smaller and it's something of an optical illusion. Some lady was watching me wheel this whole cart to the bike and asked 'now... how are you doing to do that on a motorcycle?'

'Carefully.' I said.

She sat there and watched because she couldn't see how this was going to work. Once well over half the cart was packed into one bag she moved along, satisfied that I was going to be able to get it done as I had a whole other bag left.

They're pricy new. I got these used because I plan to paint them eventually anyway. If you look for a set used be sure to get the latest design with the full quick release brackets. The hardest thing about them was relocating the turn signals - you can see the install if you go back a few pages in the 'what did you do to your ride' today thread that ninjaneer linked.

Quick release was key for me anyway. I like being able to have them off in a minute with a simple wing nut. Makes mods easier and it makes the occasional need to cram the max into a bicycle rack when parking downtown easy. They're lockable too - but there's no way to get the keys cut to match the ignition so you've got have an extra key hanging out of the ignition. I used a bit of heat shrink around the key for a condom so it's not beating up my scoops during the ride.

Quick release was key for me anyway. I like being able to have them off in a minute with a simple wing nut. Makes mods easier and it makes the occasional need to cram the max into a bicycle rack when parking downtown easy. They're lockable too - but there's no way to get the keys cut to match the ignition so you've got have an extra key hanging out of the ignition. I used a bit of heat shrink around the key for a condom so it's not beating up my scoops during the ride.

you could probably do something and attach it under the faux yea? so you need the ignition key to open the faux then you have the key for the bags.

Check out my album on my old '86 in FL - I had a really cheap (free!) rack made by an ex-member (Richwrench), I bolted that to my grabrail, and fitted a standard top box to it.

You could put quite a large one on I reckon, for plenty of storage. The hardbags on my '86 were Fatmax too.

Back