Subaru Forester parts??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom

Reaction score
Anybody got a hood, radiator, headlight assembly, radiator supports, bumper, brush guard and grille for a 1998 Forester???:ummm:

An approximately 200 pound whitetail doe decided that it just could not take it anymore and committed suicide on the front of my car at 65 MPH:bang head:

Needless to say my tools will be getting a workout in the driveway in the coming days:damn angry:

At least I was not on the bike......

This brings my critter kill tally for the year to 5.....

A raccoon, a skunk and a pheasant with the Vmax.......

A cat and a deer with the car.......

:confused2:

Most people up here choose to do thier hunting with a bow and arrow or a gun.

Damn dude, you've been having quite the luck this year.

I don't have the parts, you might try rockauto.com Thier prices are sweet. I've been using them for years to keep my '83 dodge in shape.

Most people up here choose to do thier hunting with a bow and arrow or a gun.

Damn dude, you've been having quite the luck this year.

I don't have the parts, you might try rockauto.com Thier prices are sweet. I've been using them for years to keep my '83 dodge in shape.

Yep.....

I LOVE rockauto.....

But they don't have a hood......

I did find a hood near Ottawa, Ontario......I'll call them on Monday:th_k050:

damn, there is a ton of 2004+ hoods out there on the cheap, but the 98-2000 are not to easy to find.

You know what it needs... Carbon Fiber... Oh yeah...

Sorry to hear about your kill... From one Subie owner to another...

Chris

Now we know why your forum name is KABOOM !!! :rofl_200:

Seriously, sorry about the wreck(s) - glad you weren't hurt. I'm doing a brake job on a Subaru tomorrow. I'll ask the guy if he has any spare parts he wants to let go of. Wifey & I almost hit a hog by Lake Okeechobee this last weekend. No way to plan & avoid such things - just luck...

I found a couple of hoods relatively close by for $210ish......one is even the right color:eusa_dance:

The 1998 to 2000 model year parts are tough to find because most of thrm are still on the road:rofl_200:

Carbon fiber?!?!?.....NO WAY.......this is my back and forth to work and get to a fire call in a blizzard or a good fishing spot beater.....but I love it dearly....or is that DEERLY:damn angry:.....

KJ......that's actually a good price for a new hood:clapping:

4gasm........ain't Subies GREAT?!?!?

That Michelin Tire commercial with the critters in the road was just on.......

I am now:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Anybody got a hood, radiator, headlight assembly, radiator supports, bumper, brush guard and grille for a 1998 Forester???:ummm:

An approximately 200 pound whitetail doe decided that it just could not take it anymore and committed suicide on the front of my car at 65 MPH:bang head:

Needless to say my tools will be getting a workout in the driveway in the coming days:damn angry:

At least I was not on the bike......

This brings my critter kill tally for the year to 5.....

A raccoon, a skunk and a pheasant with the Vmax.......

A cat and a deer with the car.......

:confused2:

I hope you were eating deer for Thanksgiving! And where are the pictures....:ummm:

I hope you were eating deer for Thanksgiving! And where are the pictures....:ummm:

Thanksgiving dinner was over......I had to work midnight shift and was heading home to take a nap.....

As far as pictures......I'll see what the wife can do.....

You want pics of the CAR or the carCASS :confused2:

Meh...for being "the official car of the northeast" or whatever the line from Scooby commercials is, they don't seem to be particularly resilient with deer impacts. I get it, they have a AWD system so they're good in the snow. But what about the other part of wilderness driving, running over all of God's creatures? Lots of plastic in the front end? Boooo...

My old '93 F-150 was the best thing ever for hitting stuff. Had like a 1/4" thick steel bumper and sat nice and high off the ground. Deer? Barely a dent in the license plate. Rear ending one of those plastic GM minivans at 30mph(brake failure)? Hardly a scratch. For comparison, the hatchback on the minivan was in the backseat and the entire ass of the car was caved in. It torqued the whole body enough that the rear side windows shattered and the siding door was forced out of it's track. Unfortunately, a wheel bearing let go at 70mph, and the wheel just let its self off at about 70 mph. That was the end of that truck, for me at least. Gave it to a friend, he fixed it and still drives it. Couldn't bring myself to junk it, since it ran great, and had a loaded interior where everything still worked.

Haven't hit anything with the new-to-me '01 F-150, but it's got a nice sturdy steel bumper and rides pretty high(f250 suspension), so I should be good short of a moose or something.

Meh...for being "the official car of the northeast" or whatever the line from Scooby commercials is, they don't seem to be particularly resilient with deer impacts. I get it, they have a AWD system so they're good in the snow. But what about the other part of wilderness driving, running over all of God's creatures? Lots of plastic in the front end? Boooo...

My old '93 F-150 was the best thing ever for hitting stuff. Had like a 1/4" thick steel bumper and sat nice and high off the ground. Deer? Barely a dent in the license plate. Rear ending one of those plastic GM minivans at 30mph(brake failure)? Hardly a scratch. For comparison, the hatchback on the minivan was in the backseat and the entire ass of the car was caved in. It torqued the whole body enough that the rear side windows shattered and the siding door was forced out of it's track. Unfortunately, a wheel bearing let go at 70mph, and the wheel just let its self off at about 70 mph. That was the end of that truck, for me at least. Gave it to a friend, he fixed it and still drives it. Couldn't bring myself to junk it, since it ran great, and had a loaded interior where everything still worked.

Haven't hit anything with the new-to-me '01 F-150, but it's got a nice sturdy steel bumper and rides pretty high(f250 suspension), so I should be good short of a moose or something.

I'M sorry... Are you comparing a pickup truck to a Subaru car? Tell me one car today that's doesn't have plastic or some other composite on the front...

As for trucks... Yeah I have that one covered too.

Chris

Attachments

• 100_0560.jpg
    100_0560.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
I know it's apples to oranges, just saying with all of Subaru's bragging about their northeast prowess they would have considered hitting animals. </joke>

I C... No doubt that ground clearance is king but the Subie AWD is superior to others so called AWD. With some WS-60's on our Legacy I bet it'd be damn near unstoppable until we hit uber deep snow.

Chris

Latest posts

Back