swing arm tourque

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
I am going to check and reset the torque on my swing arm but I have a couple questions. Can I do this with the bike on the side stand or do I have to remove the rear wheel to accurately set the torque?

Thanks
Richard

That's a good question, does the manual specify? I check mine while I have the wheel off when changing tire, etc. I'm pretty sure you can torque with the wheel on.

Iv'e done it both ways but it's going to be more accurate if the tire is at least off the ground.

Sean

Ok, how do you guys without center stand go about raising the rear end to remove the tire? I cant imagine putting a jack under the exhaust pipes and lifting the bike by them can be good? maybe I am wrong but is there another way someone has come up with?

richard

thats what most guys do, or make a lift out of 2 x4's to go on oil pan.

You can either lift by the exhaust or put the stand down and lift the bike at an angle by jacking up the right side. Don't go too far.

Sean

Done it a bunch of times. Actually works well. I even did it on the side of the road to get a flat tire off. Held the bike while the tire was removed then a prop figured out. Then ran the tire back into town with the remaining good bike and had it fixed. Came back and pulled it over again and re-installed.

Sean

Back