tach

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tachs have a 2cyl capacity (sun pro has a cyl selection switch) and can hook right up to the green signal wire and work fine. Others will require a different approach, due to the Vmax's wasted spark ignition, you'll need a tach that has a 2cyl function or do some different wiring to get other models of tachs to work.

Are you looking at a particular tach? If you are, what brand and model. This way we can get you all the info you need to get it up and running.

I just seen a bike on here that had a 5" autometer tach with a shift light. Thats what it looked like anyways! Just curious. I was gonna pick me out one then see if i can make it work. But it has to be for a 2 cylinder right?

But it has to be for a 2 cylinder right?

I would have thought that most tacho's intended for aftermarket use would have the provision to select the number of cylinders.

As indicated earlier, two cylinder for stroke or single cylinder two stroke (i.e. fires every rotation of the crank) would be fine.

Why not combine rev counter, speedo and warning lights with something like the Koso RX2n?

picture.php

This ones mine. Sunpro 5in. 7900 series with shift light. Done me well so far...

AND NO, IT DOEES NOT COME WITH THE TUNING FORK EMBLEM.:rofl_200:(been asked that about a million times now) But removing the face is easy and only requires a screw driver to do what I did.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 40
I just seen a bike on here that had a 5" autometer tach with a shift light. Thats what it looked like anyways! Just curious. I was gonna pick me out one then see if i can make it work. But it has to be for a 2 cylinder right?

Not particulary. It's possible to wire up an autometer tach.

Sunpro's are great tachs, they've been around a long long time.
I used to run one on my bike, they work well and the shift light, lights up pretty nice.

Attachments

• cluster.jpg
    cluster.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 29
  • vm5.jpg
    vm5.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 23
Back