Tail Of The Dragon September 17th-20th

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there from 10/21-10/24. This weekend (9/19), we plan on doing a day trip from the Raleigh area out to the Outer Banks. Have fun on the dragon. I have ridden it probably 9-10 times over the past 7 years. There are roads that are just as good, or better, but I still like riding the dragon just to say I did it.
While in the area, you may want to take hwy 28 all the way down to Highlands. There are some great stops along the way (bridal veil falls, dry falls). Have fun and ride safe.

I will be there from 10/21-10/24. This weekend (9/19), we plan on doing a day trip from the Raleigh area out to the Outer Banks. Have fun on the dragon. I have ridden it probably 9-10 times over the past 7 years. There are roads that are just as good, or better, but I still like riding the dragon just to say I did it.
While in the area, you may want to take hwy 28 all the way down to Highlands. There are some great stops along the way (bridal veil falls, dry falls). Have fun and ride safe.

+1 on the Moonshiner 28 Hwy. I think more of it than the Dragon , but as you say , gotta ride it while you're there , plus get a pic or two from Killboy or whoever is taking 'em that day. Probably taking the Blackbird too this trip as I scored a great covered trailer this year and it hasn't seen the Dragon yet.

Moonshiner and surrounding area beat the dragon IMO. Naturally you have to do the dragon atleast once but it is often overcrowded and has a lot of less experienced riders coming into your lane, etc on the turns.

The Cherohala Skyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then there's River Road, beginning towards the west end of the Cherohala, that takes you alongside the river and to Bald River Falls. It's awfully purdy there. Then there's always part of the Blue Ridge Parkway available to ride, if in that area..... Hwy 215 Parkway Rd, off of the BRP and southward - awesome as well.

Too many to list in that general area.

The Cherohala Skyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 on this road. We normally stay in Maggie Valley and do this on the same day as the Dragon. This fall, since we are staying in Robinsville, (which is closer to the area) we will have time to do both, and still do some other roads. I will be taking the wife this time, so it will be more of a sight seeing trip.

I thought a minute about hanging around for it but I had already planned to leave Wednesday for Texas so am going to skip it. It is in my backyard anyway so I will be missing out hanging out with the Vmax people other than that not missing anything since I am on them roads all the time.

Back