Tales of glory: Who have you dominated with your Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ojref

Reaction score
We've all lined up at the stoplight with "that guy" in the other lane. You know, the guy in the new Vette, performance euro sedan, the exotic supercar, new sportsbike, Hardly Davidson, WRX/EVO or even muscle cars. Sometimes, it's irresistable to unleash the beast once in a while to let the compition know that your "crusier" is anything but. Let the smiles dictate thethe typical sequence of events:

You ::whistlin:

Him::rofl_200:

You::rocket bike:

Him: :surprise:

So, tell us your stories of conquest and ownage whilst onboard the Vmax!

I'll go first. On the the shakedown cruise of my mostly stock Vmax, save for FJR masters and Double-D clutch, I had a snappy new red C6 Vette line up with me at a stoplight. He started to rev the car a bit, so I raised the RPM to 2000. Light green, got the launch but bogged a bit due to the unfamiliarity with the clutch. He pulls out, but the Vmax hits Vboost and it's all over from there, I completely pulled him for the rest of the 1/4 mile to the next light. Went from a passing roll, let him get 1 car length at 40 mph and hit it, pulled him eaisly. Aparently the Vette owner had enough. At the next stoplight, the owner less than politely informed me that my "modified" bike with "hidden" nitrous was quite unfair, to which I replied, "I'm sorry to dissapoint you again, it's all stock, and about 18 years older than your car, and the design is about 2 years your senior"

:coolgleamA:

Went a few light-2-lights against a friend on his '07 ZX6. Beat him everytime. I told him I'd always win unless he sprocket swapped. He is unwilling to do it (chicken) so I'll own him at least on the short runs till he gears-up. I do love the handling of his bike though (previous zx6 handling sucked! Kaw finally got it right.).

Hal

Leaving a bar in Kemah Saturday a Vrod and a FZ600 left together right in front of me. The Vrod was loud as hell and giving it hell in the parking lot to make sure everyone knew he didn't have a "regular" Harley.

I caught up to them at the next stoplight and the FZ intentionally raced me to about 100 on Texas 146.

At the next light the Vrod had his turn with me.

I had a perfect launch both times with me laying on my tank bag and the front wheel about 1 foot in the air till I hit second gear and then back up about 6 inches through about half of second gear.:rocket bike:

I beat the shit out of both of them:clapping: although I'm sure if the road had have gone on further the 600 would have passed me eventually.

Both of them asked me my two favorite classic lines;

"What the hell is that?":eusa_dance:

"When did they start making it?":eusa_dance:

While out cruising alone this fall on some back roads, I ended up following this newer mustang. Since most of the roads are 2 lane I ended up following him for about 8-10 miles. I followed this guy west through Kinross, onto S. Mackinac trail. We then turned west onto S Kinross rd, on which we ended up following a dump truck. This guy has been taking off fast at every stop sign and watching me in the mirror the whole time. I’m thinking this guy does not want to race a bike, or does he? I keep up but it is hardly a problem doing so.
So we end behind this dump truck but we cannot pass because the road is curvy and hilly. Finally we come to a short straightaway I turn on my turn signal, start to pull out to pass but the ‘stang cuts in front of me to pass the truck. I hit the brake and let him do his pass. As he starts to pull back in front of the truck I hammer it. I know the corner coming up is kind of sharp, tends to have gravel on it, but I have been around quite a few times. So here I am still passing the mustang, easily passing him, but I still have to tuck back in, brake and get around a posted 35 mph corner! I get back in front of him, by now I am doing over 80 mph and trying to set up for the corner. I hit both brakes lean in to the corner completely missing the inside apex because of my position from passing. I lean over farther than I think I ever have on Redbone and hit the throttle to power through the corner. I did everything perfectly; Redbone didn’t wiggle a bit as I ran her up through 3rd into 4th going into the next sweeper to the left.
I accelerated all the way through sweeper then looked in my mirror, nothing! I kept looking and looking, then slowing down to about 60, but still nothing! I thought OMG did he wreck? Then just as I was about to turn around here he comes out of the sweeper like a bat out of hell. I thought cool, stopped at the stop sign, did a quick burn out then turned north onto S. Bound rd. I hammered the throttle and started cruising at about 125 until I reached m-28. I was so stoked, my adrenaline was pumping like mad, and I had the biggest smile on my face. Cars are soooo ezee!

Last edited:
I raced an 18 wheeler once....

I won.:whistlin:

Not really had mine long enough to race anyone...:ummm:

First posted in July, 07

I ate my first Honda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and it was delicious.

After the demolition derby up at the POW MIA rally Friday we were all feelin' revved up.
I rolled into town from the fairgrounds and noticed a Honda Civic all tricked out weaving through traffic like a otter through water.
Pulled up to the light and said "wow man that's pretty fast for a car."
His girlfriend pipes up "It's faster then a motorcycle that's for sure!"
He just gets this blank look on his face like, thanks a lot babe.
Well I taunt him with a few revs and he decides he doesn't wanna look like a chump in front of the ole' lady.
So he starts revin' it up and power breaking. I guess he decided "it's on."

Light goes green he dumps it and gets a pretty good tire burn going and bolts off.
I wait for about 2 car lengths and dump at about 4000 rpm. By the time I shift into 2nd all I see is headlights in my mirrors,
I shut her back down and go into to cruiser mode.

Well long story short, by the next light neither him or his ole' lady had shit to say.

Just havin some fun after the rally...cmon....... I know y'all do it too!

First posted in July, 07

I ate my first Honda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and it was delicious.

After the demolition derby up at the POW MIA rally Friday we were all feelin' revved up.
I rolled into town from the fairgrounds and noticed a Honda Civic all tricked out weaving through traffic like a otter through water.
Pulled up to the light and said "wow man that's pretty fast for a car."
His girlfriend pipes up "It's faster then a motorcycle that's for sure!"
He just gets this blank look on his face like, thanks a lot babe.
Well I taunt him with a few revs and he decides he doesn't wanna look like a chump in front of the ole' lady.
So he starts revin' it up and power breaking. I guess he decided "it's on."

Light goes green he dumps it and gets a pretty good tire burn going and bolts off.
I wait for about 2 car lengths and dump at about 4000 rpm. By the time I shift into 2nd all I see is headlights in my mirrors,
I shut her back down and go into to cruiser mode.

Well long story short, by the next light neither him or his ole' lady had shit to say.

Just havin some fun after the rally...cmon....... I know y'all do it too!

Excellent story dude:thumbs up: I loved it......However, I've smoked many other BIG CC Honda bikes on my little "Honda" V4:eusa_dance: It's not the bike or vehicle for that matter. Its the rider and how he knows his machine:whistlin:

I wasn't on my Vmax but it was still good.

Late one friday night I was riding up through main st. on my 72 H2.Sitting at a red light minding my own business and a brand new 11 or 1200 ninja (early 90's) pulls up beside me . The guy stares at me and starts reving the shit out of it. I think OK it on,Sitting there in my little cloud of 2stroke smoke.

The light turns green,I stand on it.Three gear wheelstand shifting as fast as I could without flipping over.Smoked the shit out of him to the next red light,50-60 feet at least.

He pulls up,flips up his sheild and says,What the fuck is that thing? I said a 72 kaw right as the light turned green again and I did another 3 gear wheelstand holeshot.

He turned off then disappeared???

Great story. Mach IV was a brilliant straight line machine. I had a Mach II. Lots of fun.

Alright guys, here's my story;

I was heading home one late afternoon on a four lane secondary highway on my 96 red max, when up comes beside me is an early 80s mustang. This thing is well modded, and as I look over at him, he starts to bounce the front end obviously up and down trying to get me to race him. So out comes the "boy racer" in me and at 50 mph, I give him the node, fully open the manual boost, drop 2 gears and the race is on.

This stang is no slug and as we reach around 130 - 140 mph, I am about two/three bike lengths ahead when I notice an oncoming car flash his lights which spooks me and I let off the throttle and goes whipping by me. The next vehicule oncoming is a cop cruiser, his lights comes on and does a uturn. At the same time that I accelarate WOT, the stang slows down and I go flying by him with no intention on stopping. As I look in my mirror, I see the cruiser pull the stang over and all I am thinking is that I need a place to hide for awhile. I eventually make it home, put the bike in the garage. It was a week or so before the bike came out hiding.

I never did see this mustang again on the road and that was three years ago. I have to admit, this is also the last time I let the "boy racer inside" get out to this degree.

Let's just say lesson learned and for me, it didn't cost me my license and a pile of money!

Mike

Late one friday night I was riding up through main st. on my 72 H2.Sitting at a red light minding my own business and a brand new 11 or 1200 ninja (early 90's) pulls up beside me . The guy stares at me and starts reving the shit out of it. I think OK it on,Sitting there in my little cloud of 2stroke smoke.

The light turns green,I stand on it.Three gear wheelstand shifting as fast as I could without flipping over.Smoked the shit out of him to the next red light,50-60 feet at least.

He pulls up,flips up his sheild and says,What the fuck is that thing? I said a 72 kaw right as the light turned green again and I did another 3 gear wheelstand holeshot.

SHAWN....OMG....its like you stole my story....I had a 72 H2 also....smoked a ninja (back in later 80's....WITH my brother on the back!)
Did the whole wheelie thing too.....I really miss that bike....ugly but FAST!

I still have mine,and a spare 72 engine.Needs restored though.Its coming!

Attachments

• MD2020.jpg
    MD2020.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 32

Excellent story and much enjoyed Shawn:thumbs up: Gotta love them ol Kaws:punk: You have no idea how many times I hear..."What the Fuck is that and there is no way its an 1987 Honda:confused2: One of these days I'm gonna make a shirt that says. -It's a 1987 Honda Super Magna, Ya Dipshit!-

She's running like a BEAST!

I completely devastated a Boulevard M50.
Sitting at Palarm creek park, he had a running start coming out of the twisties at a guestimated 40mph.
I saw him, he saw me. I launched!
This thing was made for straight lines and it's very good at what it does. I was coming up quick from behind when he looked in the mirror, and rolled on the throttle.
Sure enough, were both running WFO.
I hit third, and then fourth. I didn't even look back to see his headlight.

About the time I hit fifth gear is where I figure he gave up.
I pulled over on the median and waited.
As he came closer I noticed him shaking his head.

I don't know what he was thinking at that moment, but his eyes were wide open, and he stared at my machine as he passed.
I was grinning from ear to ear.

I love this four-wheeler!

She's running like a BEAST!

I completely devastated a Boulevard M50.
Sitting at Palarm creek park, he had a running start coming out of the twisties at a guestimated 40mph.
I saw him, he saw me. I launched!
This thing was made for straight lines and it's very good at what it does. I was coming up quick from behind when he looked in the mirror, and rolled on the throttle.
Sure enough, were both running WFO.
I hit third, and then fourth. I didn't even look back to see his headlight.

About the time I hit fifth gear is where I figure he gave up.
I pulled over on the median and waited.
As he came closer I noticed him shaking his head.

I don't know what he was thinking at that moment, but his eyes were wide open, and he stared at my machine as he passed.
I was grinning from ear to ear.

I love this four-wheeler!

Very interesting..
4- Wheeler:ummm: M50:confused2:........ C'mon, lets hear something sweet. Please give us something to ponder on.
For example.... I smoked a 01 Honda CBR929RR up to 110mph on my ol rebuilt 1983 Honda V65 Magna. The kid pretty much shit that an old bike could run like that. And fwiw......... he did know how to ride!

I had just sync'ed the carbs and put the four pod filters on.
He was the first available victim. :confused2:

I got pulled over today too.

:Sheriff:"You know why I pulled you over?"
:confused2:"no sir, I don't"
:Sheriff:"you know I clocked you at 62 in a 55"
:confused2:"sorry sir, I don't have a speedometer, and I was just trying to set the carbs on..."
:Sheriff:"Son, you can't drive this thing on the highway."
:confused2:"I'm sorry sir, I won't do it again... I was just"
:Sheriff:"What the hell is that?"

And so I explained the wrecked Seca, and the blown up Bayou, and we had a good conversation. He was amused and I was glad to have a adrenalin junkie pull me over.

:Sheriff:"I don't ever want to see this thing on the road again!"
:whistlin:"no sir, you won't, I'm sorry, thanks!"

I was fsking up BAD!
Drinking, riding the four-wheeler on the road, speeding, unlawful exhibition of speed... The cat rattled off a $hit load of things that I did wrong.

I am soooo glad he was amused. I don't have the money for bail.:jail:

Very interesting..
4- Wheeler:ummm: M50:confused2:........ C'mon, lets hear something sweet. Please give us something to ponder on. For example.... I smoked a Honda CBR929 up to 120mph on a rebuilt Honda V65 and the kid shit that an old bike could run like that.
I should have explained that I have a XJ750R engine in my four-wheeler.
Raptors don't have $hit on this thing!

I had just sync'ed the carbs and put the four pod filters on.
He was the first available victim. :confused2:

I got pulled over today too.

:Sheriff:"You know why I pulled you over?"
:confused2:"no sir, I don't"
:Sheriff:"you know I clocked you at 62 in a 55"
:confused2:"sorry sir, I don't have a speedometer, and I was just trying to set the carbs on..."
:Sheriff:"Son, you can't drive this thing on the highway."
:confused2:"I'm sorry sir, I won't do it again... I was just"
:Sheriff:"What the hell is that?"

And so I explained the wrecked Seca, and the blown up Bayou, and we had a good conversation. He was amused and I was glad to have a adrenalin junkie pull me over.

:Sheriff:"I don't ever want to see this thing on the road again!"
:whistlin:"no sir, you won't, I'm sorry, thanks!"

I was fsking up BAD!
Drinking, riding the four-wheeler on the road, speeding, unlawful exhibition of speed... The cat rattled off a $hit load of things that I did wrong.

I am soooo glad he was amused. I don't have the money for bail.:jail:

Now thats a story:thumbs up: Glad you didnt have to pay:punk:

eatatjoz, you need to show us a pic of this beast!

A few years back, a buddy and I had a 670cc skidoo powered banshee and that f**king thing was insane! The engine put out 130-140 hp and weighed about 100lbs.

I'll to see I still have a picture of it and if so, will post

:cheers: Mike

Latest posts

Back