teens filmed six seconds before they crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
A great watch here, you'd think that if they knew they were being recorded, they wouldn't use their phones.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/...-of-multitasking-with-phones/?ref=automobiles

But no, they can't not update facebook, text, or call someone. Multitasking, and driving being one of the tasks, while using a smartphone, just don't belong together. Not for these dodos. Developing habits like these, the autonomous auto can't come soon enough for these kids, then they can spend all their time on smartphones. Nearly every one of them overcorrects if they actually recognize they are out of control. Who's going to make a local limited-range cellphone-blocking instrument interfaced w/the vehicle's ignition?

its not just kids ! I hate any one on phones & driving . I have been almost ran over numerous times & 99 % of the time its been people on phones. I am all about freedom but this is one thing I would not mind if they outlawed while driving.

I think it would take ALL of the vehicle manufacturers implementing technology like that across the board, otherwise those cars just would not be popular among the populous.

Of course every time they try to outlaw the use of cellphones while driving, the telcom lobby puts its lobbyists to work, and the bill dies.

I see so-many people driving along, 20+ mph below everybody else on the expressway, and when you pass them on the right (because they insist on being in the left lane) they are having a cellphone conversation, oblivious to what is going on around them. Invariably they display lots of hand-waving, facial expressions, and whatever-else they can do to demonstrate their lack of attention to the road.

I would imagine you could install a device in any car that would disable all electronic devices, The only down fall would be an emergency situation. It could be set up to only work for 911.

Its much more simple than most think to disable features and I think parents should be allowed to enable a such blaocks. All phones have GPS for their 911 capabilities, all it would take is a software function that tracks movement. If the phone is moving more than say 7 MPH data could be disabled and incoming calls go straight to voicemail and 911 is the only allowed outgoing call. Simple but not yet acceptable. WHY..

Would it be too much to ask to PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND WALK THE FCK AWAY?

How the heck did people get along without cell phones before they were invented? :biglaugh: I don't carry.

cell phone 1.jpg

cell phone 2.jpg

cell phone.jpg

Would it be too much to ask to PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND WALK THE FCK AWAY?

How the heck did people get along without cell phones before they were invented? :biglaugh: I don't carry.

View attachment 48316

View attachment 48317

View attachment 48318

I agree ! I don't have a land line and have not had one in at least 10 years but I still don't feel the need to jack with my phone in the car. I do have a hands free answering in my old truck but I very seldom answer it .

That last one in the video is so much into that damn phone, that shes looking back at it, while the car is crashing.. WTF???

Back