Thank You Everybody!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Just wanted to post up a Thank You note to everybody that makes this forum possible. Didn't know which heading to put this under so I put it here. I haven't posted but a couple of times. I mostly just enjoy ya'lls post and use the search feature to try and make my '03 a better beast. When I bought my '03 new the front end already felt weird from other bikes I've ridden but I just thought it was the nature of the bike. Under hard accel the handlebars would almost jump out of your hands from the shakes. It was downright scary at speeds over 100 mph. But again I just thought it was the nature of the beast. Yesterday I was looking on here and caught a thread about similar problems someone else was having and one of the members here posted up a link to a video that Sean Morley made doing the bounce test. I immediately went out and jacked up the front of the bike and did the bounce test and the steering bounced off the stop 1x,2x,3x,4x. Kinda loose huh. Anyway, tightened as per Sean's instructions in the video and it has transformed my Max into the nice riding bike it should have been all along. After a quick test ride I headed to the local interstate to test it at speed. Ran up to 120 real quick in a section where I knew there were never any troopers. No shake not even a hint. So all I can say is Thank You to all of you that have been there done that and have posted on this forum. Thanks to Sean Morley for putting together that Great video. Something this simple has probably added a few days to my existence lol. Anyway, Thanks, John

Last edited:
i have an 03 that gets the wobbles too. when i get it out next ill tighten it up. i havent ridden it in a couple days.

i lingered for a month or so and then i knew this was the forum for me so i joined up and started trolling threads

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. THIS site should be the official VMOA website. More activity, better posts, awesome administrator and easy use. What more could you ask for, free gas? I'm sure Buster and those that make this site what it is appreciate your kind words. Stay in touch, the more the hairyer or sumthin like dat...

Yes, This is the one and only VMax Forum with all the right stuff....:biglaugh:

Hi John,

I have the same issue you describe but not quite as pronounced. Would you send me the link for the video you spoke of.

Thanks,
Glenn
ps I have an 06 Vmax and live is Fla

i always wondered how tight is too tight and how often should this be checked. you would think there would be a washer or something that could hold the torque value.

Back