The Beast Is Unleashed...Finally!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Doing several test trips checking out the front and rear. God awful beast with no ground clearance what so ever...I like it!!!

23 years ago I was just 19 and begged Charlie to sell this thing to me....he did after a while....dealer's bike...my 900R Kawasucki dropped a valve with 2400 miles.

Yep...I bitched when we went 10.30+ ;) 10.87 was his worst with skinny me aboard!

Almost, but not quite finished!!

Just hope the new kid doesn't kick him off the stand later this year in the middle of the night!!!

Attachments

• MadMax_070208_01.jpg
    MadMax_070208_01.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 86
Doing several test trips checking out the front and rear. God awful beast with no ground clearance what so ever...I like it!!!

23 years ago I was just 19 and begged Charlie to sell this thing to me....he did after a while....dealer's bike...my 900R Kawasucki dropped a valve with 2400 miles.

Yep...I bitched when we went 10.30+ ;) 10.87 was his worst with skinny me aboard!

Just hope the new kid doesn't kick him off the stand later this year in the middle of the night!!!
Nice job Neil! It looks GREAT!
I have been watching your progess since last year with great interest. I was interested in how you like the new front end and if it's worth it to make the change?
Glad to see you have on the road and enjoying your hard work! :thumbs up:

That's the best looking violet bike I've seen!! LOL totally J/K

Looks awesome! It looks like you painted the motor huh? :ummm: I had noticed it missing some paint...

Looks good man! I would nickname it Barney!

Nice job Neil! It looks GREAT!
I have been watching your progess since last year with great interest. I was interested in how you like the new front end and if it's worth it to make the change?
Glad to see you have on the road and enjoying your hard work!

Redbone...

Thanks for the props! Been a long time coming to say the least.
I like the USD quite a bit, just going to take some getting use to, like a totally different beast. He rides more like a sweeper than a jerky sport bike with this setup. Almost makes me wanna put some ape hangers and WTF pegs on him.

I might actually machine the stops a little more to get a shorter radius on the head. Just trying to decide if it is worth it or not.

That's the best looking violet bike I've seen!! LOL totally J/K
Looks awesome! It looks like you painted the motor huh? I had noticed it missing some paint...

Chris....
Thanks Dude!!! That's Periwinkle BTW :rofl_200:
Yeah painted the engine and a few things...total pain in the arse in the frame. Still needs a couple hours of detail work and it will look much better. Been using rubbing compound and wet sanding the overspray areas to bring out the shine.

Do you have the front fender that fits the forks?

Shawn...good eye!!!

I have a friend machining the mounts as we speak. I'm using the Artfibras front fender with an aftermarket fork brace as the mounting points. Should be done later this week. No ugly Hayabusa fender on this one!

I hate the way the flash washed out Barney!!! He's actually much deeper purple than what it looks.

Great Job Neil!! Looks sweet

Thank you very much KJ!!!

Maybe someday he'll be outside and you can take some non flash pics.

I forgot it was periwinkle... Please forgive the mistake.:biglaugh:

Maybe someday he'll be outside and you can take some non flash pics.

I forgot it was periwinkle... Please forgive the mistake.:biglaugh:

Always seems to be night when I get in the mood to do the work and take pictures.

You are forgiven this one time, but, please do not let it happen again!

:clapping:

Looks great!!!!!!.....just wondering though what are the "extra" peices on the ground.......j/k.....lol

Looks great!!!!!!.....just wondering though what are the "extra" peices on the ground.......j/k.....lol

Thanks....

Actually snapped that one before I put the last exhaust canister on. Had to ride him with open headers around the loop one last time and wake the neighbors.

Thanks....

Actually snapped that one before I put the last exhaust canister on. Had to ride him with open headers around the loop one last time and wake the neighbors.

I'll bet they loved that (my neighbors especially enjoy when I arrive home at four am and set off all the car alarms on my way to my parking spot.) ....I just showed the picture to my 7 year old daughter, her favorite color is purple, so of course now she thinks I should do that to my bike....:thumbs up:

what year is your max ? I like the upgrades . What forks did you use looks very nice ?

Back