thermostat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omrisolo

Reaction score
hi.
well heating problem again in my 99 max decided first of all to put
new thermostat my Q is what is better the oem (accept the overpriced) or the aftermarket stunt one that i read here about. anyway there isnt aftermarket stuff in israel for max so if anybody can conect me with store that make international shipping and have the stunt thermo or any "good heart" man that willing to do it and i pay him the charges. (oem thermo in israel= 110$).
thanks omri

what you might need is not a thermostat sensor but a manual switch. That way it doesn't kick in too early but only when you really need it.
Else you can always check here.
The seller is a nice guy doing good stuff and will ship it almost anywhere including Israel ;).

I'm living in the Philippines and it's a pretty hot weather too. Most of the time the thermostat is doing a good job unless I'm caught in traffic. Then the manual switch will do great.

You don't need that high priced sending unit. You can get one from a Toyota tercell I believe. BUT, I usually just add a simple toggle switch. If you can't find anyone to ship let me know and you can have it shipped here and I can reship it for you (or I can acquire and sell you whatever you would want).

note that I have NEVER needed to replace the t-stat.

Sean

Im sorry maybe i didnt write it corect i ment the thermostat that control the flow of water in the radiator and not the thermo switch for the fan . the engine overheating also in open road in 120-130kmh.

I understood you wanted a new t-stat and not the sending unit. I have never had to replace one but that doesn't mean they don't go bad every now and then either. I have used ones on hand and can get a new one (I don't think I have a new one in stock).

Sean

thank you but i think i will go on a new oem one just to be quiet from this area (i had once bad t-stat). another Q is how do i check that the water pump working good. because service book just say to check turbolant when radiator cup open and it doesnt sound good way to check.

Not sure what to have you check. If it doesn't leak and the fins aren't physically broken there really isn't much to check. The OEM new is $71 plus a little shipping.

Sean

Back