Thinking of a small change in paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
Excuse the piss poor photo shop... but what do you think about the change of color? I have had some tell me its too much black,what do you think?

Attachments

• vmaxmodbk.jpg
    vmaxmodbk.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 71
Black looks good to me too, but try not spill so much on the ground :rofl_200:

I also photoshopped mine to black to see if I'd like it, I was aiming for more of a charcoal effect but went with a rugged green instead
attachment.php

Yeah, you have to love a black VMax, they are probably one of the best-looking bikes in black. I can't recall seeing pictures of someone who did their bike in the natural aluminum color for the engine.

I just don't care for the matte colored bikes, they look unfinished.

But please, no robin's egg blue engines, no-offense to those who have it. Didn't Kyle part-out a weird color engine/bike awhile ago?

Here in south FL there is a guy who makes new rusty, bare-metal full-fendered H-D's & sells them to the Middle East oil potentiates for $60K. They have the big dia., many-spoked front wheels painted to match what color there is on the bike, they are usually Crayola-looking colors.

Black looks good to me too, but try not spill so much on the ground :rofl_200:

I also photoshopped mine to black to see if I'd like it, I was aiming for more of a charcoal effect but went with a rugged green instead
attachment.php

I love the look of your mufflers. Are those "sidewinders" from Exactrep? If they are, they look much better on your bike then they do on their page. I love the looks of your ride! BTW, how is the sound?

I love the look of your mufflers. Are those "sidewinders" from Exactrep? If they are, they look much better on your bike then they do on their page. I love the looks of your ride! BTW, how is the sound?

Yeah, they're the sidewinders. they suit bikes with a short fender/tail much better
The sound is great (esp. without baffles) loud but not offensive, I have a video up on youtube of them (sound for the left speaker comes and goes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvhnXBat1c

Thanks for that. now I have to save up another $1000! I just don't know how you get away with driving on the wrong side of the road <G>. I guess I didn't realize they made a right hand drive V-Max

looks great!! black chrome on the exhaust headers wouild be sweet too:biglaugh:

the only thing i hated about my 07 was the matte engine finish.

let er shine i say:biglaugh:

Yeah, they're the sidewinders. they suit bikes with a short fender/tail much better
The sound is great (esp. without baffles) loud but not offensive, I have a video up on youtube of them (sound for the left speaker comes and goes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvhnXBat1c

They look and sound great. Have a gallery of your bike anywhere? I'm planning to go blue eventually - always like seeing other blue vmax's to get the idea of what I'm shooting for.

Love the Black, not such a fan of silver/polished alum/chrome. Thinking a deep purple where you have polished alum would look way cool & seperate you from the crowd...powder coat of course.

Just a thought...

When I changed my '97 silver tins for an '06 black/red it totally transformed the look of the bike. Looked so much more sinister and mean. Plus the contrast between the chrome and black stood out a lot more.

Black and red looks mean on any bike, especially on the vmax.

They look and sound great. Have a gallery of your bike anywhere? I'm planning to go blue eventually - always like seeing other blue vmax's to get the idea of what I'm shooting for.

Someone needs BLUE ?

Attachments

• Group 3   5-28-12 227.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 227.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 12
Back