Throttle linkage, removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44 magnum

Reaction score
Guys I have gasoline and carb cleaner all over me, so I apologize in advance for not searching before asking this.

Can the throttle linkage be removed without splitting the carbs? The screws to the brackes that locate them from front to rear are so f'ing tight that I can't get any leverage on them. From what I can tell, they need to be split though before I can get to the linkage brackets.

Any hocus-cadabra trick to getting them off that I'm not seeing?

Thanks guys.

It's easiest to break apart the carbs. What exactly do you need to remove? The sync rod? Cables?

It's easiest to break apart the carbs. What exactly do you need to remove? The sync rod? Cables?

I know, I wish I could.... It's the two cables from the throttle. I have the carbs loose except for the cables then I'll have the carbs free from the bike.

That must be it. All the pics in the manual show the carbs still joined together but the throttle cables are still attached.

(Sorry man. I'm thinking out loud.)

Hey Mark I'm going to run back out there and see if my suspicion is right or not.

Be back l8r Chief.

Dev

Thank you for listening to me babble. That's all I needed to do; pull the cables from the cylinder.

Sorry but I didn't think of that 'til I got to looking at all the pics there in the manual of the carbs sitting on the table.

Now to see if I can get the damned lower brackets off. :bang head:

Back