To remove the rotors or not??????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I'm torn between taking the rotors off the wheels and risking stripping the bolts or leaving them on and risk the place mounting my new tires damaging them.

I have never used this place but it seems that everytime I use a place to do work on my bikes more times than not they screw something up.

Are the bolts on the rotors really that easy to strip ?? I guess I would feel a lot better knowing they can't ruin my rotors if they are not on the wheels.

I would appreciate what you guys think

That's easy to say....... The only way you could do that is to have the place inspect the wheels and sign a form stating that the wheels are in perfect condition and then sign a release when the work is done.. Now who wants to have a relationship like that, If it was me I'd tell the person to take the work somewhere else if they didn't trust me.

It just sucks so I'm not worried about telling them anything I just need to decide if I am going to take the rotors off or not.. Doing the mounting myself isn't a option

if they have a hydraulic press it would really take a lot of effort to ruin a rotor. i would leave them on Ron. Most places i've seen are pretty understanding and know if they fucked something up. snap a pic of each side of the wheel so u have proof if you have to go back to them. I would use a dealer so if anything happens you can go up the chain (mgmt)...

They should be using a rim clamp machine so the rotors still in place should work just fine.
Sean

if they have a hydraulic press it would really take a lot of effort to ruin a rotor. i would leave them on Ron. Most places i've seen are pretty understanding and know if they fucked something up. snap a pic of each side of the wheel so u have proof if you have to go back to them. I would use a dealer so if anything happens you can go up the chain (mgmt)...

Garrett,

You must have forgotten what the dealerships did to me last summer... Nope not going to a dealership.........lol It's ok I don't expect you to remember every members posts.

I'm going to a guy who bought out a popular place in town and he deals in indian and triumph and has a good rep. after all he is just removing and replacing tires.

I will take pic's and look at them right after they do them and make sure they look ok. When I go to a dealer or shop now a days after last summer I feel I need to bring some vaseiline.

This is wht I am trying to do what I can myself and then what I can't make sure someone I trust does.

I won't be doing my new tires until after I get my carbs back and then go to the dyno and get the a/f set right. So I have plenty of time to freak out over this tires issue.......:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Keep in mind since I bought my bike and got it home in 2 summers so far less than 300 miles total... it's been a money pit.

Ron

:confused2: Hey, did you buy it on Ebay or was it from Florida? Leave the rotors on and good luck, Spur

Back